I want to know what is the Christian position on other religions. A lot of Christians I've encountered say that all other religions are false and that the supernatural aspects of those religions come from God's enemies (false prophets, the Devil, demons, etc). Is that view biblical?

For Debate:
1. Are all religions besides Christianity, false? Entirely or just certain parts?
2. If you were a Christian, which religion would be your second choice? Buddhism? Judaism?

Personally, I believe all religions are corrupt. I feel that if a person follows a religion they will be led astray. Even if that religion is Christianity. No where in the Bible does Jesus say that we are to follow any religion. He said, “Follow me.” As a Christian, I try to follow in the steps of Jesus. Now, this doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy corporate worship, because I do. I love being with like-minded believers as we worship Christ.

• Exceptional post!
Reactions: AgnosticBoy
Personally, I believe all religions are corrupt. I feel that if a person follows a religion they will be led astray. Even if that religion is Christianity. No where in the Bible does Jesus say that we are to follow any religion. He said, “Follow me.” As a Christian, I try to follow in the steps of Jesus.
That's very insightful.

I think religion can become too much about rituals and performance (like good deeds) and people make that the goal. I also agree with this perspective:
The argument—and most poems are arguing for something—rests on the sharp distinction between religion on one side and Jesus on the other. Whether this argument is fair depends on your definition of religion. Bethke sees religion as a man made attempt to earn God’s favor. Religion equals self-righteousness, moral preening, and hypocrisy. Religion is all law and no gospel. If that’s religion, then Jesus is certainly against it.

People hear “religion” and think of rules, rituals, dogma, pastors, priests, institutions. People love Oprah and the Shack and “spiritual, not religious” bumper stickers because the mood of our country is one that wants God without the strictures that come with traditional Christianity. We love the Jesus that hates religion.

After all, there is one religion whose aim is to worship, serve, know, proclaim, believe, obey, and organize around this Jesus. And without all those verbs, there’s not much Jesus left.
Source: https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/...s-jesus-hate-religion-kinda-sorta-not-really/

@Scooter

What would be your second choice for a religion? Or is there any other religion that you've come across that has some good things to say?

I'll answer your question with a question: What is the purposed purpose for religions? Is it not to draw close to a supreme being and/or have life after death? As a follower of Christ, I believe what He said when He said He was the only way to God. I believe Jesus when He said I could have eternal life by placing my faith/trust in Him. I see all religions missing the goal. They all require some kind of "work" to gain their god's favor. Who knows if they have done enough good works to obtain eternal life? I don't have that problem. I'm assured of my eternal life because God loves His son Jesus. And because I'm saved and secure in Christ, I'm guaranteed of eternal life with Christ. So why would I want to trade my salvation for any other religion with cannot guarantee salvation? So no, I wouldn't want to be part of any religion.