1. The forum will be open for posting Monday-Friday. Saturday and Sundays will be administrative days.
2. Membership requirement: None. Everyone from all persuasions can join.
General rules (applies to all forum areas):
- Be respectful. No name calling, no insults, etc.
- No spamming
- No profanity. The only exception is if you are quoting someone but please use coded language for the obscene words (e.g. ****).
- No posting of obscene content, such as images of graphic violence, sexual content, etc.
- No posting of private messages and personal information in the forums.
- No proselytizing. This not only applies to religion but also proselytizing for a philosophy and politics.
-The trolls or those who are proselytizing for a religion or a political party will have expedited restrictions, suspensions, or even bans.
- Do not comment on someone breaking the rules. Simply use the "report" feature to report rule violations.
- Do not comment on moderator intervention in the forum. Please contact moderator through PM for any questions/concerns about moderator actions.
- No illegal activity
- An author or creator of a discussion topic should not continue posting on his or her topic if no one else responds (you can post up to 5 posts, but no more after that until someone else responds to one of your posts). This is not a blog site.
- Please post a clear debate question when starting a topic.
- Stay on topic.
- To maintain a fair-and-balanced or non-partisan standard, please keep rhetoric and personal commentary at a minimal in Debate sections (Discussion sections allows for personal commentary, opinions, etc). This standard is in place because too much rhetoric/personal commentary may come from mostly one side and can create a partisan/polarizing environment, like CNN or Fox News. Most of the discussion in Debate sections should be on offering logic and evidence for and against a position that deals with the debate topic.
- No ad-hominems - address the argument and not the person.
- Support all of your claims with evidence.
- If a claim has been refuted, do not continue to assert it unless you present more or other evidence to support it.
- If evidence is from a website, do not simply post a link but also cite the relevant information from your source.
-- Opinions are allowed just as long as a member specifies that it's an opinion.
- The Bible can only be used as an authoritative source to support a theological claim or topic.
On reporting rule #4 violations
- If a member makes an unsupported claim, then request that they support their claim. If the member continues to make the claim without support then report the post.
- When reporting the post, please cite the claim.
- If a member reasserts a claim and evidence that has been debunked, then also report it. In the report, include the exact claim, and the evidence that debunks it. If the matter is not clear-cut case, then moderators may lean towards not intervening.
Private Messaging Rules
- All of the posting rules apply
- Do not post information from PMs in the forums.
*Rules are subject to change but with prior notification, of course.