Vivek Ramaswamy has been generating some buzz after the recent Republican debate. He is young, a successful businessman, and paints himself as a Washington outsider - someone not bought and paid for like other politicians.

The New York Times mentions some of his bold plans, (in reference to Vivek's views)
But most of his proposals have not changed for months, including eliminating the Department of Education, the F.B.I. and the Internal Revenue Service; firing 75 percent of the federal work force; ending all aid to Ukraine and freezing the battle lines where they are (“Those would be real wins for Putin, I admit that,” he allowed in Indianola); ending birthright citizenship; and using the military to attack the drug cartels in Mexico.
He was the center of attention for lacking experience in government

Which again, he defended himself by bringing up how he's an outsider and not bought and paid for.

For discussion:
What do you guys think of this candidate? Does he have a good chance of winning the Republican primary race? Could he win the presidency?

Found 2 recent MSNBC news segments on Vivek. THE first one is an interview where Vivek is asked about racism and Trump's claims on the 2020 election. It really gave an interesting look into vivex thinking and ideology.

And here is more analysis from MSNBC about Vive (following the interview posted in the previous video)...

Vivek was exposed on CNN as your typical Republican Uncle Tom.

He never once mentioned racism as the cause when he was questioned about a racially motivated shooting in Jacksonville. He deflects from the issue to bring up another shooting involving White students. Before I forget he also called two Black leaders being part of the KKK.

I'm tired of Black and Brown conservatives that don't stand for any Black or Brown issues.

Vivek was exposed on CNN as your typical Republican Uncle Tom.

He never once mentioned racism as the cause when he was questioned about a racially motivated shooting in Jacksonville. He deflects from the issue to bring up another shooting involving White students. Before I forget he also called two Black leaders being part of the KKK.

I'm tired of Black and Brown conservatives that don't stand for any Black or Brown issues.

Insults/name-calling are not allowed on the forum, no matter how true those labels might be.

You have some people (esp. White supremacists and other racists) that tend to downplay racism and other forms of bigotry. They do that to hide it or are in denial. But others just have a different view of what racism is and how to address it. We shouldn't conflate the two groups. I won't go as far as calling Vivek a racist but he definitely could've been more unequivocal in calling the shooting racism.

Show me a video of a Republican politician saying that racism exists.
could've been more unequivocal in calling the shooting racism.
You mean should've. Read between the lines you can tell that they don't want to accept that racism exists. To get them to acknowledge it on camera is like pulling teeth.

Show me a video of a Republican politician saying that racism exists.
I don't know of one off the top of my head, and honestly, I'm not even interested in looking. I just rewatched the CNN interview you posted earlier and I lean towards your take. The first response Vivek brought up was mental health instead of racism. Perhaps he's trying to appeal to a Republican base. And that's precisely why I dislike politics.

For what it's worth, I'm not a Democrat nor Republican and I accept that racism does exist. Sure things are getting better in that minorities are becoming increasingly successful, but there is still some leftover racism.

Last edited: