Multicolored Lemur

Atheist / Agnostic
Nov 23, 2021

“Christie proposed deploying nuclear submarines around China to help act as a deterrent, but also warned that the U.S. needed to modernize its military to compete effectively in the future — especially the Navy and the Air Force — citing former President Ronald Reagan’s efforts to do so at the height of the Cold War.”

This is a little bit more aggressive than normal, which is probably just saying we will continue joint military exercises with Taiwan just as we always have.

PS I think both mainland China and Taiwan say one China, two governments. Although mainland China might say this less enthusiastically, and that’s just the political reality of the situation.

I really like Chris Christie because he has the balls to challenge Trump, which to me is also an indication that he'd stand up to the extreme wing of his party.

His proposal to put nuclear submarines near China is very daring. I wouldn't want us getting into a war with China, but then again why the hek did we make a promise to protect Taiwan if we didn't really mean it? Or maybe that would turn out to be peace through strength?

The debate is tomorrow, and it looks like Chris Christie is ready to come out swinging!

The two-hour debate will start at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday. It’s being moderated by Fox News Channel hosts Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum.
- AP 🍿

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
As far as foreign policy . . .

Normal to start off tough, then tail it back to more regular and reasonable.

Maybe the clearest analogy of this is a school teacher who starts up strict, and then ever-so-gradually loosens up. And I’m not suggesting foreign nations are children or anything of that sort. I’m just giving an analogy which I think most people are familiar with.