Multicolored Lemur

Atheist / Agnostic
Nov 23, 2021

“ . . . John Bel Edwards(born September 16, 1966) is an American politician and attorney serving as the 56th governor of Louisiana since 2016. A member of the Democratic Party, he previously served as the Democratic leader of the Louisiana House of Representatives for two terms. . . ”

He’s a good age, will be 58 in 2024. He already has 7 years experience as Governor under his belt.

And, I think a southern Democratic governor is highly appealing as a presidential candidate.

Alas, not running for president. Hope that changes! :)

Reactions: AgnosticBoy

“ . . . John Bel Edwards(born September 16, 1966) is an American politician and attorney serving as the 56th governor of Louisiana since 2016. A member of the Democratic Party, he previously served as the Democratic leader of the Louisiana House of Representatives for two terms. . . ”

He’s a good age, will be 58 in 2024. He already has 7 years experience as Governor under his belt.

And, I think a southern Democratic governor is highly appealing as a presidential candidate.

Alas, not running for president. Hope that changes! :)
Hmmm. He might turn out to be a good presidential candidate seeing that he's a Democrat elected in a mostly Red state. Being in Louisiana, he might also have that Southern charm. I remember former president Bill Clinton also being a Democrat with a Southern charm and the people loved him.

Yes, being a governor is also very good experience because you're pretty much serving like an executive. Gov. Edwards also served 8 years in the Louisiana state House.

I wonder why not more Democrats are coming out to challenge Biden. It's still early though so we'll see what happens.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
I remember former president Bill Clinton also being a Democrat with a Southern charm and the people loved him.
Not everyone of course, but many people. And even people who didn’t like Clinton, acknowledged the economy was generally going well. So much so that four fiscal years in a row had a surplus in the federal budget — 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001. And yes, I’m happy to give President Bush credit for 2001.

I was not a fan of Bush 2001-2008. But the guy won twice so what can I say.

If Governor John B. Edwards hasn't announced or even planned on running for president yet, then I would tell him to not do it. The type of strategy planning that needs to go into campaigns take a lot of time before even the primaries began. I'm kinda shocked that not that many prominent Democrats have decided to run. They can't all be worried about offending Biden and his hope for a 2nd term.

On the Republican side, it looks like Trump is crushing his competition according to the poll numbers. But I'm sure a first few debates could help other candidates gain ground.

This is a good and important thread! AB and M; you are entirely right. More candidates of both parties must step up to break the same old, same old of the last eight years.

Biden does deserve credit for keeping the economy humming, but I'm a bit leary of his age. My choice too, is a man who probably won't run for president: General Mark A. Milley, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

If Governor John B. Edwards hasn't announced or even planned on running for president yet, then I would tell him to not do it.
Plus, he may not want to put his family through all that. Including the near certainty of social media lies and rumors.

2022-results-768x547.jpg

Please notice that Kentucky and North Carolina also have Democratic governors.

Reactions: 2Dbunk1
Biden does deserve credit for keeping the economy humming, but I'm a bit leary of his age. My choice too, is a man who probably won't run for president: General Mark A. Milley, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Yes, that's actually my main worry about Biden. During his time with Obama, he was definitely a stronger politician. He was sharp as hek when debating against Sarah Palin. Now I just don't think he has the energy mentally and physically to fight.

General Milley seems like a good guy. I'd want to more about his views on economics and other domestic issues. He would do good in foreign policy though.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur

Please notice that Kentucky and North Carolina also have Democratic governors.
You should also check out this site ...

Ranks governors according to approval rating. You can also filter for just Democrat governors. Interestingly, your guy here John B. Edwards has the highest approval ratings for Democrat gov. Tom Wolf, Pennsylvania gov. (D) comes in second in approval ratings. I'd be shocked if these guys haven't considered running for president at some point.