Sorry but I cannot respond to your post. It is not relevant to this thread and I told the admin I would maintain thread integrity. If you want to start another thread disparaging Christians you can.

You seem to think that an inability to accept any one religion as being the correct one to chose for one's own world view inevitably leads to disparaging its adherents. That is a strange, and erroneous, concept to have conceived.

In other words, no thank you. I have neither the will, nor the time to waste, to disparaging anyone of faith, regardless of that person's faith.

If you want to discuss one’s inability to accept a particular faith, you need to start another thread. This thread is dedicated to the Gospel of Luke and the thief on the cross.

You need to be promoted to admin to be able to force your view on the membership at large. Until that happens, I counsel you to curb your enthusiasm to make up rules. For, and this may come as a shock to you, I have no wish to disparage any sect at all. Except, perhaps, the Jehovah's Witnesses whose faith will allow them to harm the safety of others.

I will not get sidetracked from the threads original intent. On this thread I will only give direct responses to comments about the Gospel of Luke and the thief on the cross.

Chapabel posted "If you want to start another thread disparaging Christians you can." and follows up by saying he only gives direct responses to comments about the Gospel of Luke etc. If anyone can show where I attempted to disparage Christians please point it out. Chap has, so far, been unable to do so.

So to get back on topic, there are several instances of one Gospel relating a story about Jesus that is omitted in the other Gospels. Each Gospel was written to a particular audience with a particular purpose. Therefore the author only included what supported their intent.

So, not so much eye witness reports as tales spun to delight their audiences? That does enable us to explain away the discrepancies.

You claim they are tails spun. I didn’t

What discrepancies are in Luke’s Gospel?

"Therefore the author only included what supported their intent." I think that is a fair paraphrase of "a spun tale".

And it is my understanding that this thread itself is devoted to the differences between Luke's Gospel and the others. Shall we get back on track now? Do you have a case that there are no discrepancies?