You do choose not to believe. That is a choice you make. There is plenty of evidence for God…creation declares there is a God; miracles prove there is a God; the Bible reveals there is a God; the testimony of millions of people who have encountered God gives evidence that God is real. Just admit you are a nonbeliever and stop asking for you already have.

People do not chose what to believe: they are persuaded by irrefutable evidence. Even if the creation of the universe was by a supernatural power, that does no make any one of the earthly religions the "one and only true religion". Anecdotal accounts by believers relating their encounters with one god or another, have secular explanations that do not involve deities.

There are more Muslims than Christians in the world, and the only trait common to both is a willingness to take up machetes against their rival tribe.

Again, you reveal your ignorance. There are approximately 2.3 billion Christians and roughly 1.8 billion Muslims in the world today. Something as simple as verifying your claims escapes you. If you cannot be trusted to post something as easy to verify, how could anyone trust you in matters of faith? We can’t.

But you do agree that the one common trait between them is a willingness to take up machetes to reduce the numbers of the accursed rival dogma?

Oh no you don’t…you’re trying to cover up your errant claim. You really should admit you were wrong before proceeding.

I concede I had an incorrect source when I first looked up the figures. My error. Do you now concede that both tribes have a common desire to use machetes against their rivals?

Nope. That is another one of your concoctions. If you have evidence of Christians using machetes against someone, I’d be interested in seeing it.

"Machete" was used as a metaphor for any one of numerous armed conflicts between Christians and non-Christians. Who needs a machete when a broadsword or an AK-47 is to hand?

A metaphor…ok. I seem to recall some recent news reports of Muslims attacking people with machetes. Were those metaphors too?

I concede that Christians are more likely to use guns, explosives and even broadswords. When under an obligation to wage a war that is holy, you use whatever weapons you can lay your hands on.