. I saw something on TV where a woman said she identified as a wolf and they showed clips of her running through the woods and howling.
It might be kink. For example, something to do with furries, which I don’t understand too much.

I’m going to assume we both want people to have good marriages.

And that includes a sex live which is at times hot and at times joyful and giggling. If one spouse shares a kink with another, which the second doesn’t want to try, the way not to do it is some dry, mathematical number-line compromise in the middle.

Rather go diagonal and find something both are interested in exploring. In any regards, that’s my advice about kink.

—————————

Or, running and howling like a wolf might be how she handles stress. And heck yeah, she could be bipolar and/or have other issues.

Or, a wolf could be her totem animal, a little like her own version of paganism.

Or, other possibilities.

We live in a time when people want to “identify” as different things. A man may identify as a woman, but in reality he’s still a man.
I think you’re focusing on the political side. And not the teachings of Jesus.

For example, the time he allowed the woman “with a sinful past” to anoint his feet with oil (and nowhere is she identified as Mary Magdalene).

Jesus reaching out to the tax collector. Jesus saying every time you have helped the least of these, you have done so for me.

Transgendered youth have a higher suicide rate, a higher chance of being murdered, a higher chance of being kicked out of the home.

Could you maybe take the position, please see a mental health professional first (this is a little hard for me to say because I’m not a big believer in mental health professionals; people already with problems tend to gravitate to the field hoping for the daily double, as it were, of both helping themselves and others, and it doesn’t always work out that way.

———————

The biggest potential misidentifying I’ve heard of is:

Young people on the autism spectrum who don’t connect with traditional gender roles deciding they’re transgend because— basically this is the only conversation they know of talking about gender role issues in a serious, sustained way.

—————————

And when people say really ugly things in the Internet, and they certainly will, and when they pile on in bullying, and they certainly will,

I hope and trust you come in as the good guy. :)

This thread was started to discuss the Biblical teaching of once saved always saved and the fact that people cannot unbecome Christians. I used the example of people identifying as different genders and animals as an example that even if someone identified as a Christian that does not make them one. However, if you want to discuss transgender I can do that as well.

You brought up Jesus reaching out to a sinful woman and the tax collector. I believe in reaching out to those society has cast aside. However, I also believe in following Jesus' example. When a woman was brought to him who had been caught in the act of adultery, Jesus said He did not condemn her, but He also told her to go and sin no more (John 8:2-11). Jesus forgives people of their sins, but He commands we not continue in those sins. Jesus forgave the sinful woman who anointed His feet, but He did not tell her it was ok to continue living a sinful lifestyle. As a Christian, I try to tell people what God has said about a certain issue. I tell them there is forgiveness in Christ. But I also tell them God punishes unrepented and unforgiven sins.

Teens who identify as a different sex than they were born, certainly do face much more outside hostility than other kids. This is unfortunate. These kids are troubled to start with and need to be taught that they were created exactly the way God intended them to be. They are not a mistake of nature and they have the utmost worth in the eyes of God. They must also be told that continuing on in a lifestyle that God condemns will have severe consequences.

I try to be one of the good guys, but people usually take offense to the positions I present. This is understandable since the people in Jesus' day took offence to His preaching. I consider myself in good company.

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
I wanted to substantiate my positions concerning salvation and eternal security with the actual scriptures. Here are the verses that instruct a person how to become a Christian:

John 3:3-7 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

People do not just decide to become Christians. They must be convicted of their sins and drawn to Christ by the Holy Ghost and Father:
John 16:7-8 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Here are the verses that teach a person cannot become lost after being saved:
John 10:28-29 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Did you ever confess your sins to God and ask for forgiveness? Did you repent of those sins? Did you pray and ask Jesus into your heart as your personal Lord and Savior? These are the necessary steps for salvation. Reciting words from a pamphlet does not make anyone a Christian.
I did all of that!

The part about asking Jesus into your heart was especially key. My prayer asking including a part about asking for God’s wisdom as he guided my steps.

The pamphlet was mainstream evangelical. I remember the name Bill Bright. And I think the organization was Campus Crusade for Christ.

———————————

If you want to believe I wasn’t truly a Christian, that is perfectly okay with me.

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
I did all of that!

The part about asking Jesus into your heart was especially key. My prayer asking including a part about asking for God’s wisdom as he guided my steps.

The pamphlet was mainstream evangelical. I remember the name Bill Bright. And I think the organization was Campus Crusade for Christ.

———————————

If you want to believe I wasn’t truly a Christian, that is perfectly okay with me.
I don’t know if you are a Christian or not. I do know that once a person is born again they are a Christian and always will be. It’s between you and God if you were/are a Christian.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
Or, running and howling like a wolf might be how she handles stress. And heck yeah, she could be bipolar and/or have other issues.
Happy The Office GIF

Did you ever confess your sins to God and ask for forgiveness? Did you repent of those sins? Did you pray and ask Jesus into your heart as your personal Lord and Savior? These are the necessary steps for salvation. Reciting words from a pamphlet does not make anyone a Christian.
I did all of that!

I did all of that!
I've done that, as well. Some Christians may try to take away from the Christian experience of former Christians because it looks bad for them when a prominent (deeply involved, helps many others, is/was a religious leader, etc) Christian leaves the faith. Saying that the former Christian was never a true Christian can be used to cover for that bad image; it's a way to shift the blame away from Christianity itself. Of course, I don't believe all Christians use the "real" Christian explanation for that reason. There are some afterall who we can point to as not being good examples of Christianity, and we should not be surprised that they left the faith. I'm more against the attempt to caste all former Christians in the same light. I think some have a need to do so because they want to shift the blame from Christianity to the person.

Otherwise, focusing on the "born again" part is legitimate, because that is clearly stated. In my view, Christians should focus more on pointing that out, than on the other differences that they try to draw up with former Christians.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
Happy The Office GIF

I've done that, as well. Some Christians may try to take away from the Christian experience of former Christians because it looks bad for them when a prominent (deeply involved, helps many others, is/was a religious leader, etc) Christian leaves the faith. Saying that the former Christian was never a true Christian can be used to cover for that bad image; it's a way to shift the blame away from Christianity itself. Of course, I don't believe all Christians use the "real" Christian explanation for that reason. There are some afterall who we can point to as not being good examples of Christianity, and we should not be surprised that they left the faith. I'm more against the attempt to caste all former Christians in the same light. I think some have a need to do so because they want to shift the blame from Christianity to the person.

Otherwise, focusing on the "born again" part is legitimate, because that is clearly stated. In my view, Christians should focus more on pointing that out, than on the other differences that they try to draw up with former Christians.
You said you did not fit the description of being born again. I have pointed out, with scripture references, what is required to be a Christian. I also provided scriptures that show a person cannot loose their salvation. I’m going solely based on what you said. I don’t know what your relationship with God is. That’s between Him and you. I do know what the Bible says about salvation and that once a person is saved, they are always saved. If they are not saved now, they never were. Anyone can pretend that they used to be a Christian. However, there is nothing in Holy Writ to support such views.

What is of utmost importance is not a person’s past, it their present and their future. For the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone would not want to be saved. Why would a person risk going to Hell?

You said you did not fit the description of being born again. I have pointed out, with scripture references, what is required to be a Christian. I also provided scriptures that show a person cannot loose their salvation. I’m going solely based on what you said. I don’t know what your relationship with God is. That’s between Him and you. I do know what the Bible says about salvation and that once a person is saved, they are always saved. If they are not saved now, they never were. Anyone can pretend that they used to be a Christian. However, there is nothing in Holy Writ to support such views.
Noted.

I don't disagree with anything that you've said here.