. . . Otherwise, focusing on the "born again" part is legitimate, because that is clearly stated. . .
Yes, I remember “born again” being clearly stated. But there is a ton of stuff clearly stated in the Bible.

To me, so much so that it’s necessary to focus on some of it (and therefore not on other parts).

And this is where we get the 500 or so different Protestant denominations, probably more!

For the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone would not want to be saved. Why would a person risk going to Hell?
This is a valid argument, at least to a certain extent.

But you realize that a Muslim, or a Jew, or a Sikh, or a Baha’i could make the exact same argument, right? (to cycle through some major one-God religions)

Or a person could simply strive overall to be a good person who helps others, or offers help to others, in a reasonable way (hopefully as part of reciprocal relationships). And therefore rather counting on any deity who doles out rewards and punishments to be a somewhat rational being.

This might be the percentage poker play. But to me, the evidence is fairly overwhelming that religion is human-made.

Since you do not disagree with my position, do you still believe you were a Christian who lost his salvation?
I do not. But to avoid confusion, if someone asked me about my past beliefs, then I would have to bring up Christianity, since I believed in it and defended it.

What else would you call someone who believed he was saved, believed in the Bible, and defended it?