——————————

All that we destroyed
You must build again

No more presidents
And all the wars will end
One united world under God

————————————————

Perhaps a similar idea.

And, although I don’t like heavy religious doctrine, I don’t mind a brief reference to God.

I kind of find it stirring that we human beings could advance far enough and live in peace well enough, that we’d need “no more presidents.”

@Multicolored Lemur
I like that message in your last post. I'd like to think that the people can run society without a need for government or at least that anyone has the opportunity to be part of the government. I've been thinking about that lately like having an option where regular citizens can vote on Congressional bills that Congress have been unable to pass - expand the power of the people so-to-speak. But that's for another discussion.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
There is coming a day when we will be ruled by absolute perfection. No more congress, no president, no politician. Jesus Christ will reign in perfect righteousness. I’m already a citizen of that country.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
I've been thinking about that lately like having an option where regular citizens can vote on Congressional bills that Congress have been unable to pass
and neither baby step nor giant step, if we go with a solid medium step,

medium step, feedback, medium step, feedback — and we might really be onto something! :p

The same way someone merely average at softball can actually become pretty good. :)

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
There is coming a day when we will be ruled by absolute perfection.
I’m sure we both know there’s a verse toward the end of one of the gospels which says no one knows the “day or hour.”

And I’ve heard both evangelicals and Jehovah Witnesses hedge this by saying the signs are such that we must be getting close. Although I’m sure that during the Age of Napoleon when his armies swept across Europe, people must have thought we were close.

And when I was an evangelical Christian way back in 1977, I thought the year 2000 would be it — at the very latest!

Last edited:
Reactions: Scooter
You are correct. In fact, the Apostle Paul believed Jesus would come back during his time.
I would have thought that would be a problem for Christianity since a guy close to God is wrong in his belief. I'm guessing you don't see it as a problem.

Which passage(s) stands out to you regarding Paul's belief?

I would have thought that would be a problem for Christianity since a guy close to God is wrong in his belief. I'm guessing you don't see it as a problem.

Which passage(s) stands out to you regarding Paul's belief?
1 Thess. 4:15-18
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

I don’t see this as a problem at all. Jesus said no man knew when He was returning, but we are to always be looking for His return.