For popular or very good threads
Ok since baptism for the dead is not the real issue here we could start a thread that actually addresses your concern about the Bible not being inspired by God
This part in 1st Corinthians 15 is one of the real issues, since the Bible turns out to be quite a bit less than some Christians say it is.

Similar is my post —

Mark 4:12 Jesus speaks in parables “‘ . . lest they should turn and be forgiven.’” ? ?

This is supposedly Jesus talking, and he also made it quite clear “ . . see but not perceive, and may indeed hear but not understand . . ”

Stunning.

Or, maybe the Gospel of Mark is a compilation, with material pulled in from a variety of sources some contradictory at the edges. And all written by humans.

=======

As far as my own spiritual development . . .

When I was 14 going on 15, “being filled by the spirit” did not work for me the way it was talked about in the book Run, Baby, Run by Nicky Cruz. This became one more doubt.

And Christians weren’t loving. Not like they should be. Much later, I decided that a lot of individual Christians are worried about whether they’re doing it right. There is too much looking inward, and not enough looking outward.

And it was a traumatic 6 or 7 months coming down from the high of witnessing adventures, the outside possibility of the Rapture occurring when I was still a young man, etc.

One of my goals here is to help provide people with a softer landing coming down from all this.

And . . .

that’s probably about as personal as I care to be at this time.

Last edited:
images

Ethics always seems to come up. “How can you be a good person without believing in God?”

I say, it’s not that hard.

B+ ethics are fairly easy to get. I’m sure the Scout Law is not perfect. But it has the advantage of reminding us that we’re almost always trying to achieve multiple goals.

Just because you fail to see the importance of God's word does not make it less than it is. To understand spiritual things, a person must be spiritually attuned. Braille is mostly understood by people who are blind and have been trained to comprehend the bumps. I can see the bumps and even feel the same thing a blind person feels, but I completely miss the understanding of those raised dots. For me to claim the Braille cells are useless and of no value because I can't read Braille would make me foolish to those who do read Braille. Therefore, giving the Bible the same respect as Shakespeare, is to devalue it's true worth. I am really sorry that you have missed the rich benefits of studying and applying God's word to your life. Unfortunately, you are correct in that Christians are not the best example to follow. That's why I don't follow Christians, but Christ. Where Christians fail to love, Jesus never fails. Anyway, I started a thread about the inerrancy and infallibility of the Bible.

images

Ethics always seems to come up. “How can you be a good person without believing in God?”

I say, it’s not that hard.

B+ ethics are fairly easy to get. I’m sure the Scout Law is not perfect. But it has the advantage of reminding us that we’re almost always trying to achieve multiple goals.
Hahaha...you do realize the Scout Law is based on Biblical principles don't you? And so is the Scout Oath: On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight. I just happen to be an Eagle Scout.