For popular or very good threads
Yes, it is unexplored territory -- isn't it exciting?
Yes and no. You might discover something new that's worthwhile but then again you don't know the outcome. I'm guess a secular system would be better able to adapt, but I'd still want to hold on to some old principles (religious), just in case.

But even if we humans [many of us] go cyborg at some future date, and even if later on, some of us decide to leave our biologic components behind, I don’t think the “soul” will be immortal. It will still be based on the (?) nano tech which provide the fire/don’t fire components of its “nerve cells.” Or something like that! It will still have a physical base.
For now, the moral Universe seems to revolve around us. The creation of new intelligent life forms (cyborgs or otherwise) would involve new concerns and/or goals that might not exactly benefit humans. Anyone remember the Borg from Star Trek?!

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
Yes, it is unexplored territory -- isn't it exciting?
For now, the moral Universe seems to revolve around us. The creation of new intelligent life forms (cyborgs or otherwise) would involve new concerns and/or goals that might not exactly benefit humans. Anyone remember the Borg from Star Trek?!

The Borg always seem sad and dour beings.

Maybe they were ecstatically happy on the inside, and just kept a neutral face. That would be unhumsn. At least past a certain point!

So on new tech, new conditions , etc, etc, etc.

Partially, incompletely, messily. I mean, that’s the only way we can get answers, right?

Maybe imagination is the way to explore the unknown universe(s). Lots of computer generated games are already the result of that. But we should be wary of visitors from outer space like the Borg lest they enslave us earthlings.

2DBunk1... you must assimilate-
- The Borg (from one of the Star Trek movies)

Last edited: