One real world positive effect that I see about Christianity is its transformative power. I've watched countless of testimony about hardened criminals doing a complete 180 in their life to come out good. They attribute that to becoming a Christianity and living it out. I don't know how many other package of ideas or systems that have the ability to make such drastic changes to a person's life. I'll put this up for discussion.

For Debate:
1. Does Christianity have the power to transform someone's life? How or why?
2. Is this transformative power unique to Christianity in any way?
3. Does this prove that Christianity is true?

I can attest to the transformative power of Christ. I was raised in church from the time I was born. Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night, revivals, camp meetings...I was saved when I was 10 years old and got baptized later. When I turned 18 I joined the Marine Corps and left all of my religious upbringing. I tried to out-drink, out-cuss and out-fight everybody. After four years in the Corps I went into the Coast Guard. My wild ways followed me which resulted in two DUI's and a failed marriage. After 8 years in the Coast Guard, God stepped in. I was kicked out of the Coast Guard with four years left on my contract. I had to start over with a new wife and a six month old child. I had no job lined up and no place to live. God slowly began to work in my life. I stopped drinking and started going to church. The next thing I knew, I was teaching Sunday school. Then after a few years, God called me into the ministry. I took seminary courses and got my degree, became a law enforcement chaplain and an associate pastor. I can look back over my life and see God's fingerprints all over it. I doubt I would even be alive today if God had not intervened in my life when He did. I am a living testimony of how God can change a life for the better. BWT, I don't believe "Christianity" can change anyone. But Christ can.

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
1. Does Christianity have the power to transform someone's life? How or why?
I also think the answer to this question is yes. I've seen and heard too many life changing stories of people transforming their life from being bad and not caring to then becoming good and caring all with some Christian intervention. I don't know all of the reasons on how and why it works. Many Christians will say that God is the main factor in the process, but being a non-believer, I see other natural factors at play. I see a package of ideas that touch on our thoughts, feelings, our aspirations, has rewards/punishment, gives purpose, and all of these come together to give a lot of satisfaction in life. It's a cocktail that's hard to find in secular systems.

2. Is this transformative power unique to Christianity in any way?
I question if Christianity power to transform is unique. I don't think it is. I say that because there are several religions that have similar features to Christianity. I wonder if there's one that's even better, but that's another debate.

3. Does this prove that Christianity is true?
From a practical standpoint, it does. However, that alone does not mean that every word in the Bible is factual and/or true.