I quoted the Bible to show it is the way God has chosen to reveal Himself. The Bible is the final authority concerning matters of faith. Accept or not, it makes no difference to me.

I have no desire to shake your faith, but simply relate why it is not mine as well.

For unless you already believe that the Bible is the final authority on anything at all, it isn't an authority on anything at all.

You claim you don’t want to shake my faith but you’re always ridiculing those of my faith. You ask for evidence and when I offer evidence you reject it because it doesn’t meet your standards. You continually disparage my God, you sneer at the Bible and you mock Biblical doctrines. You constantly harass everything that has a bit of Christianity to it. And when you run out of things to say against my faith, you just make stuff up about it. No, you would do well to be honest and come on out and admit you are an enemy of everything Christian.

Please cite an example of me ridiculing people of faith. If you can do that, I shall apologize for my lack of judgement. And if you cannot, I will accept your apology.

I am not an enemy of Christianity or any other dogma: I simply am not persuaded to join any of those sects.

Easy…you ridicule people of faith who oppose abortion. You ridicule and are almost hostile to people who condemn homosexuality.

I didn't think you would find an actual quotation. I have never ridiculed those who oppose abortion, just point out they have no biblical authority for their opposition. The same thing applies to homosexuality: if god really did hate it so much it was within his power to make it impossible.

Really Bill? As many times as you have ridiculed and condemned Christians who oppose abortion and homosexuality and you have the gall to deny it? Just because you haven’t done it on this forum does not mean you haven’t done it.

I have no problem if you have to cut and paste from other forums to justify your point. Be my guest. It is easy to deny words never spoken.

So you are flatly denying ever ridiculing Christians who oppose abortion and homosexuality? Is that your position?

Moderator Comment
The thread is getting too personal, mainly because of the disputing of motives.

You can talk about motives in general, like why someone would not want to accept something. But please do not accuse or speculate on a member's motive unless that member makes his or her motives known.

Let's get back to the topic regarding Chapabel's standard for verification and if it is valid or not.

*Moderator comments are friendly reminders or suggestions. They are made to address rule violations and to help keep discussions from getting off track.
Our Rules and Guidelines