K9ACOLeeJet

Feb 25, 2023
Here is an article with proof that some mammals/animals are self aware and untelligent. Some humans are too arrogant to admit this fact. We are not alone on the planet and we probably are not even the top of the food chain we just assume we are.

"Over the past 30 years, many studies have found evidence that animals recognise themselves in mirrors. Self-awareness by this criterion has been reported for: Land mammals: apes (chimpanzees, bonobos, orangutans and gorillas) and elephants. Cetaceans: bottlenose dolphins, killer whales and possibly false killer whales".

https://www.google.com/search?q=sel...4j0i390i650.5385j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
I think we should try to avoid dilemmas where it’s us or the animals. Instead, we should try to find a way so it’s us and the animals. :)
Well put but how are you going to reconcile our existence with a dream god and animals equal or better than us who do not recognize the significance of an omnipresent vague lord and master in the netherworld? You can't have it both ways. Either you accept animals are intelligent as we are and there is no god because they are clueless about one. Or you arrogantly deny the intelligence of the rest of the animal world and assume god only cares about people?? He also doesn't really care about a lot of people ex: at crime scenes when all are praying that the gunman will not shoot them yet more than half the obedient prayers die? What kind of logic are you practicing?

Well put but how are you going to reconcile our existence with a dream god and animals equal or better than us who do not recognize the significance of an omnipresent vague lord and master in the netherworld? You can't have it both ways. Either you accept animals are intelligent as we are and there is no god because they are clueless about one. Or you arrogantly deny the intelligence of the rest of the animal world and assume god only cares about people?? He also doesn't really care about a lot of people ex: at crime scenes when all are praying that the gunman will not shoot them yet more than half the obedient prayers die? What kind of logic are you practicing?
Humans and non-human animals are on the same level in many ways. Obviously, we stand out in terms of how we use our brains because we have developed technology far surpassing any arrangement of sticks and dirt that animals can develop. I don't think either scenario proves or disproves the existence of God.

Last edited:
It's your choice to deny animals a place in the world beside us. I wouldn't do that ever because of all the contact I've had with dogs and kittens. I've had dog packs since 1985, volunteered at shelters in NH & FL and was an animal control officer. Animals are able to communicate if you're open to it. They have a way to ESP you and either you're open to it or not. Dogs know life ends and they communicate that to me, the when/if it's near. Elephants visit the grave sites of their relatives and caress the bones with love and tenderness. Not including them in our world is an error. Whales and dolphins have been proven to be maybe as intelligent as we are they may even surpass our intelligence. Just because they don't manipulate the world around them doesn't mean they're not more intelligent than you can believe but that's the arrogance humans display to keep their own fantasies alive.
P.S. We ARE animals and when the article says animals are the MOST intelligent puts us AFTER them.

To me, sentient means ability to feel. And that’s the moral standard for animals, for extraterrestrials, and for ourselves, of why we should be treated decently.

There’s the whole theory of Utilitarianism, or Principle of Utility, with John Stuart Mill as probably the most well-known philosopher for this general approach. Also Peter Singer.

There are 101 “dilemmas” against Utilitarianism. But I think the theory’s more true than not.

There’s the whole theory of Utilitarianism, or Principle of Utility, with John Stuart Mill as probably the most well-known philosopher for this general approach. Also Peter Singer.

There are 101 “dilemmas” against `. But I think the theory’s more true than not.
I like that you read about animals being high up the food chain and altho I haven't read books on it I have my own experiencers as proof to me. After my husband of 26 yrs passed I came home and looked at the 4 pack leftovers of 4 shepherds thinking "Great, I'm going to have to euthanize them myself, that sucks." but one of the younger dogs (8) told me "someday it'll be just you and me." I was astounded because there was a younger dog in the pack and she died first: stomach cancer. My male Zack began to cry off and on because I had to euthanize his cousin she was having seizures all night. So they were very in tune with each other and me.

but one of the younger dogs (8) told me "someday it'll be just you and me."
I’m open to the possibility of ESP. In fact, I had a former girlfriend who had a number of mystical beliefs, and I still have friendly feelings toward her. But then I’m thinking, it could be the depths of our mind making a leap of insight, like an artist sometimes make. And I guess it could be both! :)

Reactions: bbyrd009
But then I’m thinking, it could be the depths of our mind making a leap of insight, like an artist sometimes make. And I guess it could be both! :)
I would hope it's them communicating with us and not me holding the conversation with myself because the idea that the youngest dog passed first surprised me so much i lacked belief until she stopped eating. I also was super sad and felt helpless when Zack 11yo was crying after his cousin Kai 1 month shy of 12 passed. He soon became incontinent and i tried to work with acupuncture people but i noticed Zack had become lackluster after Kai died and the daily crying upset me. I gave up trying to keep him alive. I wonder how many people believe some animals can cry.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
i noticed Zack had become lackluster after Kai died and the daily crying upset me. I gave up trying to keep him alive. I wonder how many people believe some animals can cry.
Dogs are our friends. And I’m sorry you lost your friends of Kai and Zack. 🙁

And yes, I think many animals can cry.

PS It sounds like you were trying to be the sole caretaker of a terminally ill patient. And that’s a tough assignment whether the patient is canine or human.