Various media sources have reported Republican governors transporting migrants to Liberal run cities, like New York City, Washington DC, Chicago, etc.

WASHINGTON — Gov. Greg Abbott sent two more buses of migrants to the nation’s capital on Thursday that were dropped off near the residence of Vice President Kamala Harris in a move that appears to be a response to her statements earlier this week that the border is “secure.”

“We did [send them],” Abbott said to Lubbock radio station KFYO. “She’s the border czar, and we felt that if she won’t come down to see the border, if President [Joe] Biden will not come down and see the border, we will make sure they see it firsthand. … And listen, there’s more where that came from.”

The buses contained between 75 and 100 people, according to Fox News, and arrived outside of the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., where Harris and second gentleman Doug Emhoff reside. Over the weekend, Harris stoked conservative outrage after appearing on NBC’s “Meet the Press” to discuss border safety.
- Texas Tribune

Some leaders have called this practice racist and inhumane.

Do you agree? Let's discuss it!

For Debate...
1. Is it wrong for Republican governors to transport migrants to cities ran by Democrats?

Last edited:
Spoke too soon...Florida governor is joining the party by flying migrants to Martha's Vineyard (an island off of Massachusetts coast)...

Will all Republican governors start doing the same?

Are Republican governors transporting migrants from their state to other states being racist?
Let me break the ice here.

I've listened to views from those on both sides of this debate issue. Whether or not racism is involved in sending migrants to Liberal cities depends on the reason that these Republican governors are doing this. I will say that there are reasons to transport migrants that don't involve racism.

If a governor doesn't want any migrants in his state at all, then I think that's consistent with racism and/or xenophobia. If the governor is sending migrants away to Liberal cities in order to keep their state resources from being overwhelmed then that is not a race-based reason. I say this because while it's good to help the poor, but it is impossible to help every single poor person when you have limited resources. At some point, you won't be able to afford it. This can be clearly seen when we don't have enough resources to house and care for all of the American homeless (of all races).

Our greed and power driven policies in Central and South America certainly don't help the people in those countries either. I wonder how much foreign aid we are sending to Ukraine in the span of months compared to the amount we're sending to our neighbors (esp. Central America, South America, the Caribbean, etc)???:unsure:

Last edited:
Here is a reaction from the show, The View (all of the hosts are Democrats):

Here's a Republican response...

In light of recent reportings, I decided to broaden the thread title to include any wrongdoing instead of just limiting it to racism.

To that I'll add that if these migrants we're lied to or promised things that were blatantly false to get them to leave a state then that is definitely wrong.

1. Is it wrong for Republican governors to transport migrants to cities ran by Democrats?
Since there is something called the National Governors Association (a sort of board of state governors), this is a problem that organization should be addressing! The governors of border states should be leaning on this Association as a civil way to ask for assistance in handling the numbers. Otherwise, it is purely a political ploy and very obtuse to send these migrants to other states unannounced.

Last edited: