Multicolored Lemur

Atheist / Agnostic
Nov 23, 2021

Dec. 22, 2023:

. . on federal lands and in the District of Columbia

“Criminal records for marijuana use and possession have imposed needless barriers to employment, housing, and educational opportunities,” Biden said. “Too many lives have been upended because of our failed approach to marijuana. It’s time that we right these wrongs.”

no federal prisoners are eligible for release as a result of Friday's pardon

==============

Even though there are problems with weed. For example, I’ve heard that some Delta-8 gummies are a double dose. Including from some major brands such as “enjoy hemp.”

And a nice older lady told me, Oklahoma citizens voted down marijuana legalization and one concern was young children eating gummies, which is a valid concern.

All the same, I think marijuana legalization is the way to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: AgnosticBoy
I applaud President Biden for making this move. Here's one sum up of his rationale from your cited article:
Biden, in a statement, said his actions would help make the “promise of equal justice a reality.”

“Criminal records for marijuana use and possession have imposed needless barriers to employment, housing, and educational opportunities,” Biden said. “Too many lives have been upended because of our failed approach to marijuana. It’s time that we right these wrongs.”
I've really come around more to accepting that criminal sentences in a lot of cases are just too long. Just yesterday, I was watching a video of a couple being arrested for failure to show ID, and all they were accused of doing was driving a golf cart out in public roads. I feel situations like that should be handled differently other than incarceration.

And as far as weed specifically, it is definitely not for everyone. There's an increase risk of psychosis associated with marijuana use. Doesn't mean it will happen to everyone, but for some are more prone losing their mind or becoming schizophrenic than others.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
And as far as weed specifically, it is definitely not for everyone. There's an increase risk of psychosis associated with marijuana use
Yes, the classic of becoming more paranoid with weed. And you’re right, not for everyone.

I have a friend who uses 1/4 gummy because his goal
is to ride a slight pleasant buzz.

becoming schizophrenic than others.
When I was in my 20s, I had a girlfriend who was bipolar. So, I’m a big supporter of people learning the basic first aid and how to help with mental health issues.

And I recommend starting with just “middle brow” sources such as Web MD or Cleveland Clinic.

I have a friend who uses 1/4 gummy because his goal
is to ride a slight pleasant buzz.
Hey, I'd like a loaded gummy. My only hesitation is that I don't want to become dependent on anything, and i wouldn't want my job finding THC if they drug tested me. I know, that's a buzz killer.

My only hesitation is that I don't want to become dependent on anything, and i wouldn't want my job finding THC if they drug tested me.
These are both valid reasons, and more power to you. :)

The only thing I want to preach is that I wish “slight buzz,” for either alcohol or weed, was more of a societal norm. Instead of comedy movies feeling they have to go big and show binge drinking, etc, etc. I wish they more often worked the comedy potential of a person being slightly impaired, misunderstanding a social interaction, etc.

Although for me personally, weed makes me more “here and now.”

My only hesitation is that I don't want to become dependent on anything, and i wouldn't want my job finding THC if they drug tested me.
These are both valid reasons, and more power to you. :)

The only thing I want to preach is that I wish “slight buzz,” for either alcohol or weed, was more of a societal norm. Instead of comedy movies feeling they have to go big and show binge drinking, etc, etc. I wish they more often worked the comedy potential of a person being slightly impaired, misunderstanding a social interaction, etc.

Although for me personally, weed makes me more “here and now.”
Yeah, the movies make pot heads look like mindless drones that are always stoned with slow speech.