I'm surprised that given our political environment that football has not changed to flag football.
What political environment?

That we get a little bit of improvement or reform, but this is quickly labeled political “correctness” which then generates a huge counter-reaction?

What political environment?

That we get a little bit of improvement or reform, but this is quickly labeled political “correctness” which then generates a huge counter-reaction?
The main way for now I can see the NFL limiting concussions is by reducing the physical play or hard hits. But then that defensive line wouldn't be able to stop the offense if they can't increase the physicality needed to bring someone down. The one alternative is flag football. Then even women can play.

It's kinda a stretch, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone emphasizes the brutality of the sport and then try to get it softened.

The main way for now I can see the NFL limiting concussions is . . .
It’s also the steady diet of sub-concussive hits to the head as a causative factor in CTE.

And that’s a big problem. It means we can’t “concussion management” our way out of it.

And, I’m mainly concerned with under age 18 Pop Warner players and all the rest.

gamedaycenterpiece.jpg

Back to the fun topic of the NFL’s “paganism” . . .

This is the mascot for the Chicago Bears. Not Stanley, but Staley.

This is “Staley Da Bear.”

Last edited:
jyw0fexwipct0kkmdmnb.jpg

And here’s “Swoop.”

This is the mascot for the Philadelphia Eagles.

==============

birds-v-formation.jpg

And this is some Eagles players doing a “Flying V” from back in 2017.

Last edited:
the-mountain-blows-giant-horn-vikings-game-1508502935.jpg

It certainly looks like a Pagan ritual! 😜

From at least 2017, the Minnesota Vikings blow the Gjallarhorn before home games. In this case, inviting actor Hafþór Björnsson from Game of Throbes.

But—

I really think most fans take this all in good fun. Making a big deal out of this us similar to fundamentalist Christians taking Halloween wa-a-ay too seriously.

images

Here’s the Cincinnati Bengals mascot who is named “Who Dey.”

It’s part of a chant, as in “Who Dey going to beat the Bengals?”

“Nobody!”

yhiwx49es95rfwp39hyf

FeEPiFQXgAIWBNs.jpg

and here’s that mascot promoting a line of Tostitos chips [or, “crisps” for our friends in the UK].

======================

d5b05a55-7d79-4913-bca2-a17d879df651-large16x9_Sequence_ROARYATPORTAGENORTHERN_CRAIG_0001_frame_3382.png

And here’s that same mascot promoting exercise and good nutrition at an elementary school.

Yes, I know, all in good moderation. But it’s still funny. 😊

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: Multicolored Lemur