This won mascot of the year for 2019 ? ! ?

Okay, these mascots look like they’re mostly for kids.

On the other side of the coin, the Super Bowl is for many people a serious drinking holiday. Maybe even more than New Year’s Eve.

With drunk driving and domestic violence and probably other problems as well, if I was a police officer, I would not be a fan of the Super Bowl.

If I was chief of police and my city was bidding to host the Super Bowl, I’d want my city council to know, this is the number of overtime hours for the previous host city, and this is the overtime hours for the city before that, and that’s just the fact of the matter.

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
bolt1024.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

454791787.jpg.0.jpg

This “Boltman” character started official but became an unofficial mascot of the San Diego Chargers [now Los Angeles Chargers].

There was even a lawsuit.

Jauregui says he had an oral deal with the Chargers and a written one in 1997: Let me do my Boltman thing, and you can pay me later and find corporate sponsors.

Things went south after two seasons.

In August 1998, Jauregui protested his treatment in a press release, and told the Union-Tribune: “I feel like I’ve been pooped on by the Chargers. The Chargers have had a champagne taste on a beer budget, and that budget has been mine. Not anymore.”

(“Our focus-group meetings with season-ticket holders showed mixed feelings toward the character and his antics,” the Chargers said in a news release, according to the same U-T story.)

Four months later, Jauregui took the dispute up a notch — filing suit for breach of contract.

“JAUREGUI agreed to perform services to the CHARGERS as the team mascot, called ‘Boltman,’” said the lawsuit. “JAUREGUI agreed to advance the costs of having the ‘Boltman’ costume constructed and to advance the costs of promotional items, with the understanding that if ‘Boltman’ was perceived as successful . . . ”

my comment —> It seems like an awfully loose deal for such a big organization.

i

Before a year 2000 play off game, half seriously half in jest, the New Orleans Saints brought in a Voodoo priestess.

about Priestess Ava Kay Jones’ background and what she says—

‘Her parents have Native American and French roots. And she called herself a "dyed in the wool Catholic" who is also "very much aware of my New Orleans spiritual heritage."’

But this acceptance of multi-traditions not exactly appreciated by the average evangelical Christian.

And I think we should say again, This whole incident like 22 years ago, for crying out loud! :D

Last edited:
Before a year 2000 play off game, half seriously half in jest, the New Orleans Saints brought in a Voodoo priestess.

about Priestess Ava Kay Jones’ background and what she says—

‘Her parents have Native American and French roots. And she called herself a "dyed in the wool Catholic" who is also "very much aware of my New Orleans spiritual heritage."’

But this acceptance of multi-traditions not exactly appreciated by the average evangelical Christian.

And I think we should say again, This whole incident like 22 years ago, for crying out loud! :D
I have no religious objections, but I do have a snake objection. I'm scared of snakes so I would be freaked out if I saw that at a game.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur