Polls show Trump just crushing his Republican primary rivals with some 30 to 40 percentage points lead. A poll between Biden and Trump shows them being neck and neck, with each getting about 43% of the vote.

I'm not sure how Trump is still in the game while facing numerous criminal charges, mounting legal bills, skipping out on debates, etc.

For discussion
What's keeping the ex-president up? Do all of the criminal charges get dropped once he becomes president? Do you even think he has a good chance of winning the presidency?

Do all of the criminal charges get dropped once he becomes president?
If Trump becomes a convicted felon, he is able to still run for president according to the New York Times:
Though he has been charged with dozens of felonies across four cases — two federal, one in New York and another in Georgia — verdicts are a long way off. And there are many uncertainties, including whether the proceedings will hinder Mr. Trump’s campaign in practical ways or begin to hurt him in the polls in a way they have not so far.

But if he is convicted on any of the felony counts, things get more complicated — and the Constitution and American law have clear answers for only some of the questions that would arise.

Can Trump run if he is convicted?​

This is the simplest question of the bunch. The answer is yes.

The Constitution sets very few eligibility requirements for presidents. They must be at least 35 years old, be “natural born” citizens and have lived in the United States for at least 14 years.

There are no limitations based on character or criminal record. (While some states prohibit felons from running for state and local office, these laws do not apply to federal offices.)

Do you even think he has a good chance of winning the presidency?
I think Trump has a good chance of winning the Republican nomination, but I don't think he has a good chance winning the White House. The people that notice that president Biden is going through a cognitive decline, might also notice that Trump is losing his mind when he talks about the previous election being stolen. He just sounds like a big conspiracy theorists that will believe anything. I personally wouldn't want such gullible and delusional thinking (thinking not backed by any evidence and in some cases is proven false) in the White House. I think this will be a big turn off to Independents, and even more of a turn off to Democrats that might vote Republican. Just my two cents.

Former president Trump's chances of winning in 2024 may've just gotten better:

CNN —A Colorado judge has ruled that former President Donald Trump “engaged in an insurrection” on January 6, 2021, but rejected an attempt to remove him from the state’s 2024 primary ballot, finding that the 14th Amendment’s “insurrectionist ban” doesn’t apply to presidents.

The major decision issued Friday by Colorado District Judge Sarah Wallace comes after judges in Minnesota and Michigan also refused to remove Trump from that state’s Republican primary ballots.

These three high-profile challenges against Trump, which had the backing of well-funded advocacy groups, have so far failed to remove him from a single ballot, with the 2024 primary season fast approaching.
Source: CNN