Multicolored Lemur

Atheist / Agnostic
Nov 23, 2021

“ . . after a Democratic member of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), an agency charged with protecting the public from dangerous household products, told Bloomberg News gas stoves could potentially be banned due to their health hazards. . ”

So, there was something. But it’s like the rightwingers go from 0 to 100 mph.

“ . . didn’t stop conservatives from pushing a narrative—sometimes joking, sometimes not—that federal agents are going to come into your home and rip out your gas range. . ”

They might joke around and say, Oh, we can still do the steady eddie leadership on letting inflation continue to come down [inflation which resulted from both supply chain issues and from the Covid spending of both the Trump and Biden administrations].

And we can continue working on immigration reform, and — potentially! — put a good set of policies on the table which the Democratic Senate can either accept or reject.

But actually, I’m not so sure [that the R’s can also take on the grown-up issues! ! !]

And I’m even less sure that their supporters who most need sensible leadership are going to get it.

Last edited:

So, there was something. But it’s like the rightwingers go from 0 to 100 mph.
My guess is that Republicans are looking at bans on gas stoves as some part of environmentalist policy/agenda. Over half of them I bet are using electric stoves or don't really care either way. But, they will use it as a wedge issue to make rile up their supporters against the environmentalist green energy side. It's all politics!

Last edited:
Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
Gas-stove-meme.png

Okay, a slightly amusing meme

My guess is that Republicans are looking at bans on gas stoves, or even looking into it in some near future, as some part of environmentalist policy/agenda. Over half of them I bet are using electric stoves or don't really care either way. . .

But everything is kind of this end-time fantasy, almost in quasi-religious terms

images

It’s funnier and edgier. It also normalizes political violence.

And it’s very similar to the end-time thinking of some evangelical Christians, and I emphasize some, who think the Rapture and the Beast and Armageddon will happen soon and definitely within our lifetime. [please notice how this is a whole built-in script, and a complex script at that].

And if someone says, Our guns have kept us free, it’s a belief about cause-and-effect which we can neither prove nor disprove. Or, it would require a counter-factual which we do not have.

Last edited:
The central core genius of the American experiment is that we view our leaders as not better than the rest of us, and certainly not lording over us. In fact, they serve as President or in Congress at our pleasure and with our permission.

And this was a revolutionary idea for 1776.

And for June 21, 1788 when New Hampshire became the 9th state to ratify our United States Constitution which therefore went into effect for those nine states. Rhode Island became the 13th state on May 29, 1790.

Last edited:
Reactions: AgnosticBoy
welcome-to-the-new-conservative-meme-of-gas-stoves-v0-j523Z5zroV2ciJNfPlLxVbWK9JOvChgtjEaCOH8x5wc.jpg

And this meme, I agree with.

It says elitists purport to help people, I guess to get some feel-good hit of humanitarianism. When people have much bigger problems and could use some real help!

Now, there are elitists in both the R’s and the D’s.

For example, the Democrats got through a $35 cap on insulin per month for seniors who have Part D of Medicare, with some loopholes [unfortunately! ☹️] The Republicans in Congress were against this. Even though in his debate with Biden, Trump bragged about bringing down the price of insulin and said he wanted it as cheap as water. As well it should be, since it’s basically a utility item.

But, on a certain type of goody two-shoes and nanny state elitism, yes, the liberals are worse.