Multicolored Lemur

Atheist / Agnostic
Nov 23, 2021

4-28-22-DF_650.jpg

“ . . These changes have occurred gradually, as the share of adults in the middle class decreased in each decade from 1971 to 2011, but then held steady through 2021. . ”

That last part is very excellent news! :)

And yes, like any survey, we need to look at it from a variety of angles and take it with a big grain of salt. And basically take it as one data point. But, I’ll take good news where I can find it, and thank you very much!

Last edited:
Reactions: AgnosticBoy
And here’s the tension— why is the felt experience of so many people different?

Or asked another way, why is there so much anger among so many people? Maybe most notably among older white males, but there are plenty of other people who are angry, too.

And as a first step . . .

I will simply embrace tension, without trying to jump to any kind of pat answer.

And here’s the tension— why is the felt experience of so many people different?

Or asked another way, why is there so much anger among so many people? Maybe most notably among older white males, but there are plenty of other people who are angry, too.

And as a first step . . .

I will simply embrace tension, without trying to jump to any kind of pat answer.
I know there are some positives, but the middle class people I talk to don't have a positive outlook. As I brought up in another discussions, middle income is only nice if it is enough to cover day to day expenses. Prices on a lot of things are going up so that makes it harder for middle class income to be able to cover it.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
Prices on a lot of things are going up so that makes it harder for middle class income to be able to cover it.

Inflation is important. In fact, I count it in the top three along with GDP growth and unemployment. And I started the following thread:

Last edited:
Okay, one of my cousins was about 50-years-old in 2000. He worked with Mastercard credit card company. Talking casually at a party after the baptism of an infant, and watching some Sunday afternoon football, he said,

Unless you’re a woman or black or Hispanic [or a member of another minority], you almost have to be a superstar to be promoted.

Mmm, okay, he might be right. Companies often do try to do affirmative action. And they can do this in what just as might be a recession.

During a time in which there is not an abundance of new jobs.

Quite the contrary. In point of fact, there are fewer jobs as you move up the hierarchy.

It was much easier for my cousin to focus on this person-to-person issue on fairness, than it was to focus on any kind of society issues of what we want is a growing economy and plenty of good jobs for anyone.

In fact, when I talk about that stuff, people sometimes think I’m talking in riddles.

Last edited: