One common trait of some agnostics is that they are non-partisan which is one reason why we tend to steer away from the atheist and theist labels.

Merriam-Webster defines 'partisan' as the "feeling, showing, or deriving from strong and sometimes blind adherence to a particular party, faction, cause, or person : exhibiting, characterized by, or resulting from partisanship".

For Discussion..
In this discussion, I want to make a list of partisan behavior along with an explanation of why it is wrong, biased, unreasonable, or whatever else. This could apply to major religious or secular groups (Christians, atheists) and even political parties (the Dems and Republicans, etc).

EDIT TO ADD:
My position is not that you should avoid labels, but if you're going to adopt one, don't have an unreasonable or blind adherence to it.

Last edited:
Here's one...

Voting along political party lines.

When a friend tries to get me to be a Democrat, I always tell them I wouldn't make a good one because I don't agree with everything the Democrats do, and that includes some of their core ideas. The friend agrees with me, but then they always vote Democrat still.

The reason why voting along party lines is wrong because oftentimes people will resort to putting PARTY before truth/facts. That should obviously be reversed where truth always comes first. If a political party is wrong, then someone should have no problem not voting with them or even voting with an opposing party.

According to guru Marjorie Taylor Greene the Democratic Party is the party of pedophiles. You sure missed a close call there.

According to guru Marjorie Taylor Greene the Democratic Party is the party of pedophiles. You sure missed a close call there.
I'd like to think that they believe and espouse some of the things they do just for its shock value.

I won't say too much more about the person as I'm sure some Republicans love her. And no, I'm not just saying that to shock anyone :censored: