For popular or very good threads
A lot of Christians believe that the world is becoming more evil as society strays further away from Christianity. I thought the world was becoming more evil for other reasons. But then I read this post on Reddit that has me questioning my view. Perhaps I'm mostly focusing on the negatives and not the positives.

From jamesallred, a poster on Reddit:
I feel the world is getting better and better. Now don't get me wrong. Better does not mean things aren't bad.

Here is a list of things that are getting better.

People are living longer.

More people are getting out of severe poverty.

More girls are being educated.

etc.

I would rather live today than in 1950 or 1930 or 1917.

Think of two world wars. Think of interracial marriage was still illegal (1967). Think that women didn't get the right to vote until 1920. Think the basics of civil rights didn't pass until 1964. From the 1880's to the 1960's over 4,000 people were taken out by their communties and lynched. That is the number we know of. In 1900 life expectancy in the USA was about 47 years.

Does anyone have any idea what they are talking about, the world becoming more and more evil? I am kind of missing it.

Does the poster have a point? Is mankind, or even just the United States, getting more evil or are we progressing in a good direction?

People may be living longer, but more people are depressed:(https://news.gallup.com/poll/505745/depression-rates-reach-new-highs.aspx)

While some may be getting out of “severe” poverty, poverty is actually on the rise: https://www.cbpp.org/press/statements/record-rise-in-poverty-highlights-importance-of-child-tax-credit-health-coverage#:~:text=The number of people with incomes below,programs including the expanded Child Tax Credit.

More girls may be getting more education, but we now have boys competing in women’s sports (no citation needed)

Two world wars were fought to combat evil, but now evil is welcomed and embraced (look at all the pro-Hamas rallies).

Yes many people were lynched, but how many are straight up murdered in Chicago, NY, Washington DC, New Orleans and other liberal run cities on a daily basis?

The world is not becoming a better place to live. While advancements have made life more comfortable for some, the overall summation is that the world is quickly degrading into a cesspool. At least from my vantage point.

@Scooter

I get your point. Mankind has made some big improvements on some things, but at the same time, we are also declining in other areas. I hear about it mostly in regards to the younger generations. Schoolteachers used to be respected but now plenty of kids have no respect for their teacher. Sure, someone can say well maybe it's just that we never heard of it, but I think not since there were systematic conditions in place to keep kids in check, like kids receiving corporal punishment from teachers and principals. Now that would be a big lawsuit if that happened today.

When I was in school kids were paddled for bad behavior, but we didn’t have metal detectors to keep guns out either. In fact our JROTC program had a rifle team that actually shot .22’s inside the armory in the school. Public schools today seem to be indoctrination centers and if parents speak out they are labeled as domestic terrorist.

Mental illness is on the rise; homelessness is on the rise; violent crime is on the rise via BLM, Antifa, MS13, and a host of other acronyms. The world seems to be loosing its mind and becoming more dangerous. I’d take the society of the 1950’s any day over today.

When I was in school kids were paddled for bad behavior, but we didn’t have metal detectors to keep guns out either. In fact our JROTC program had a rifle team that actually shot .22’s inside the armory in the school. Public schools today seem to be indoctrination centers and if parents speak out they are labeled as domestic terrorist.

Mental illness is on the rise; homelessness is on the rise; violent crime is on the rise via BLM, Antifa, MS13, and a host of other acronyms. The world seems to be loosing its mind and becoming more dangerous. I’d take the society of the 1950’s any day over today.
If you ask me why humanity is getting worse in some cases, then I can point no further to the household. How we're raised and the environment plays a big role in shaping our behavior. We're at a time where a lot of households are single parent or hardly any parent when parents have to work a lot to make ends meet. So the kids are not getting much time with parents like before.

I completely agree with you. Kids left to raise themselves with access to the internet is not a good combination. We are seeing the results of poor parenting right in front of us.

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
I completely agree with you. Kids left to raise themselves with access to the internet is not a good combination. We are seeing the results of poor parenting right in front of us.
The Bible actually offers a good solution for that. No one should have kids with someone unless both partners are married to each other or are in a serious commitment. Too many people are having kids with people that they have little to no commitment with.

Reactions: Scooter
The Bible actually offers a good solution for that. No one should have kids with someone unless both partners are married to each other or are in a serious commitment. Too many people are having kids with people that they have little to no commitment with.
Amen, Sir