Various news media are reporting that former president Trump will be arrested this week. The only problem is that information about the upcoming arrest comes from Trump. Fake news?Apparently, he posted on his social media site that he expects to be arrested on Tuesday. Elsewhere, I've read that he learned of this information from leaks. Here's one report on this issue from CBS:

Former President Donald Trump said in a social media post that he expects to be arrested Tuesday as a New York prosecutor is eyeing charges in a case examining hush money paid to women who alleged sexual encounters with the former president.

Trump said in a post on his Truth Social network early Saturday that "illegal leaks" from the Manhattan district attorney's office indicate that "THE FAR & AWAY LEADING REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE & FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, WILL BE ARRESTED ON TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK."

Trump did not provide any details on social media about how he knew about the expected arrest. In his postings, he repeated allegations that the 2020 presidential election he lost to Democrat Joe Biden was stolen and he urged his followers to "PROTEST, TAKE OUR NATION BACK!"

Is this going to get dangerous? My immediate reaction is terrible timing for the country if this leads to more division.

Your thoughts? Reactions? Do you believe Trump or is he just trying to get ahead of the District Attorney, perhaps trying to influence the DA's decision to prosecute or not?

Last edited:
Various news media are reporting that former president Trump will be arrested this week. The only problem is that information about the upcoming arrest comes from Trump. Fake news?Apparently, he posted on his social media site that he expects to be arrested on Tuesday. Elsewhere, I've read that he learned of this information from leaks. Here's one report on this issue from CBS:

Is this going to get dangerous? My immediate reaction is terrible timing for the country if this leads to more division.

Your thoughts? Reactions? Do you believe Trump or is he just trying to get ahead of the District Attorney, perhaps trying to influence the DA's decision to prosecute or not?
my understanding is that he would not be arrested like us hoi polloi, more likely indicted and asked nicely to surrender

My reaction is this could turn bad if the perception is that this is a selective form of justice - a sort of weaponizing of the federal government. If Trump did wrong, did by all means, investigate and prosecute. But the standard has to be that anyone who commits a crime is investigated and subsequently prosecuted, just as anyone else in the general population. In government, it seems whoever is against the majority party is subject to more scrutiny and prosecution.

Well, either way. Tomorrow is Tuesday, the day of Trump predicted his own arrest. Let's see what happens.

Here is the strongest Republican response that I've seen or read so far to this topic:

If anyone has any good viewpoint from the Democrat side then feel free to post it as I would love to hear from both sides!

my understanding is that he would not be arrested like us hoi polloi, more likely indicted and asked nicely to surrender
That's an important point to raise. I think most are expecting the FBI to raid Trump's house and drag him out in cuffs. The indictment process will just involve getting Trump before a court. Chuck Rosenberg, an attorney that has worked with FBI and DEA, gives an good explanation of this on MSNBC:

Reactions: bbyrd009
Tuesday has passed, and there's been no arrest. Not ruling out that there still could be an indictment later on.

For now, it seems Trump was trying to get ahead of the story.

Tuesday has passed, and there's been no arrest. Not ruling out that there still could be an indictment later on.

For now, it seems Trump was trying to get ahead of the story.
Spoke too soon. Various news sources have been reporting that Trump has been indicted. I just went to CNN website this morning, and there on the home page, in size 200 font were the words, "Trump Indicted", lol.

My only problem with this issue is that our leaders should've been held accountable from the start. What I find is that its selective and political. Things that the ordinary citizen would get in trouble for, our leaders don't. Hopefully, this will set the tone, and I don't mean in a tit for tat way (which again is politics), but rather it's to have the same standards for leaders as we do for regular citizens.

Profanity is not allowed even when abbreviated or censored with symbols.
Your thoughts?
Karma is a *****

Trump did not care about 5 men of color, called Central Park 5. These boys were wrongly convicted of murder and rape. Trump wanted them crucified. The 5 later found innocent and Trump refused to apologize.

Trump is getting what he deserves.

Trump did not care about 5 men of color, called Central Park 5. These boys were wrongly convicted of murder and rape. Trump wanted them crucified. The 5 later found innocent and Trump refused to apologize.

Trump is getting what he deserves.
Good point! I forgot about that story.

A good exchange between Trump's lawyer and an MSNBC host on Trump's recent criminal charges.