Have you got a ton of experience with dogs?
Only a big black wild poodle we had when I was about age 5 to 9.

There’s a funny story my Mom tells. Fluffy needed heart-worm treatment which required staying at the vet’s something like 10 days. When Fluffy came home, she walked to the middle of the living room carpet and just unloaded her bladder! She really wanted us to know what she thought of the vet and us abandoning her there.

I don’t remember the incident myself. But I like my Mom’s retelling. When we moved to a big new city, my parents found Fluffy a home in the country. Wish they had found a better way.

We also had guinea pigs for years when I was a boy.

And I was with a girlfriend when I was 26 who loved her short-haired white cat. And won me over to cats also being great animals.

Are their lives confined by religion, bibles, god??
Hopefully not the Bible!

I was at a Barnes & Noble bookstore here in Houston and I heard a young woman say to her friend about someone else or just in general: “Jesus and God could be real, but you cannot convince me that the Bible is real.”

And I concur. The Bible has a lot of problems and issues! 😜

Reactions: K9ACOLeeJet
Both my parents have passed and neither one was afraid of dying. I, on the other hand, have always been afraid. Religion won't help me. I do like the fact that we are energy and when we die our energy lives on (reincarnation?). There is a static amount of energy in the world. I'm not certain if we can remember our past lives. I'm of an age now that I try not to think about it too much (71 March). I even had trauma emotionally euthanizing all my dogs. I watched my husband die but in a hospice. No matter what I still am afraid. I compartmentalize most things that I don't want to deal with. So in the far back of my brain is a little box labeled "death" and I never go near it.
Sorry about those losses. I encourage you to keep contributing to life. Hek, you've gone beyond helping humans to spoiling dogs.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
5edfbd6051835632f40f92e2_Blog%20Images(1).jpg

and when I was 7 years old, I was so impressed when our guinea pigs learned the rustling of paper grocery bags meant we probably had some fresh greens!

No, much more philosophically.

I’m saying to myself, Okay, if there were reincarnation with 100% amnesia, I’d feel better about dying.

Well, between 2100 and 2200, some persons will have peak life experiences similar to my own, as long as I’m not too tremendously picky about the details. Plus, maybe for six weeks, maybe for a lot more, a person will cruise along with a personality a lot like me.

So, maybe . . . I ought to feel better about dying anyway.
we put a lot of time into establishing our “selves,” and then completely forget that we did that, and seek to make our “selves” (separate) “immortal” imo

remember when you regularly looked into a mirror, and could not see your”self?”
check out most any 12-16 month old, and see

Hopefully not the Bible!

I was at a Barnes & Noble bookstore here in Houston and I heard a young woman say to her friend about someone else or just in general: “Jesus and God could be real, but you cannot convince me that the Bible is real.”

And I concur. The Bible has a lot of problems and issues! 😜
when read as history anyway, yes
but i suggest that when read on a different level, that changes

when read as history anyway, yes
but i suggest that when read on a different level, that changes

The Bible has inspiring passages such as the Lord’s Prayer, the Good Samaritan, and the Woman at the Well.

But it also has plenty of un-inspiring stuff. The Old Testament justifies slavery, and I’m not convinced making a distinction between holding a Jew in slavery vs. a foreigner carries the day in any kind of meaningful way. And Paul’s letter to Philemon is tricky. He’s pleading with a slaveowner to release the slave, and per at least one Christian source, the “owner” does release Onesimus. But what if the owner did not say Yes? [And I’m not sure we know whether the Yes was said right away]

I’m willing to respect the Bible as an ancient text, the same as Homer, no more, no less.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009
images

I’m willing to give the Bible the same respect as any other ancient text. It shows how people thought at the time, at least some people.

Reactions: AgnosticBoy