Black Conservative

Mar 20, 2023
Hello ladies and gents. My name is Anthony, 28 m, Georgia native.

As you guessed I am a African American and conservative.
I know that sounds like a oxymoron so allow me to share my journey. From way back in my childhood I was a Democrat. I didn't even follow politics like that but I just knew that being Black and Democrat went together. Fast forward to into my 20s I got into politics and started voting. President Obama was like the messiah to me. But after him I started to realize that I vote Democrat only because they are Black friendly. Yes , that made me a one issue voter. Getting curious I started watching Black conservative commentators on all different types of issues. I couldn't disagree with them. Yeah, a lot of Republicans are racist as hell but when you get to thinking beyond race you can find a lot of good policies. That is why I switched my party.

For the site owners I suggest you get into podcasting to help grow your audience

Check out this channel when you get a chance

The more I look, the more Black conservatives I find.

Last edited:
Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
Hello ladies and gents. My name is Anthony, 28 m, Georgia native.

As you guessed I am a African American and conservative.
I know that sounds like a oxymoron so allow me to share my journey. From way back in my childhood I was a Democrat. I didn't even follow politics like that but I just knew that being Black and Democrat went together. Fast forward to into my 20s I got into politics and started voting. President Obama was like the messiah to me. But after him I started to realize that I vote Democrat only because they are Black friendly. Yes , that made me a one issue voter. Getting curious I started watching Black conservative commentators on all different types of issues. I couldn't disagree with them. Yeah, a lot of Republicans are racist as hell but when you get to thinking beyond race you can find a lot of good policies. That is why I switched my party.

For the site owners I suggest you get into podcasting to help grow your audience

Check out this channel when you get a chance

The more I look, the more Black conservatives I find.
Welcome to the forum, Anthony.

Thanks for telling us about your journey. It was a good read!

I dealt with some my own political conversion twice, and it led me away from political parties. Now I'm an independent! I look forward to reading your perspective!

That would be a good idea. That would be like building a base so-to-speak.

A private company or group recently emailed me an offer to help me set up a podcast along with helping me advertise the site. Not sure if it was a scam or not. I'm still thinking about it.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
My favs list:
Out of all of them, I liked this one. I didn't watch the full video but I like the way it was set up. A discussion on hot button issues being had between people with differing political points. No yelling, civil, open. It would be nice if our politicians in Washington conducted business in the same way.

Getting curious I started watching Black conservative commentators on all different types of issues. I couldn't disagree with them.

Hi, welcome to the group. I’m probably center-left myself. Maybe we can have some good discussions from time to time.

One of my big issues is the slow erosion of the American middle class. Then we get into the aspect of hurricane vs. drought types of disasters, and I really think people are at their best in response to fast-moving disasters, and we’re closer to our worst in response to the slow-moving ones.

Welcome Anthony,

I have empathy for women and Blacks so I am a bleeding heart liberal. This is one of the reasons why I cannot fathom the existence of the Christian God -- a god that would pit Whites and Blacks, male and female against each other. (It is an oxymoron for Christians to say "God made us in His image!")

I am a White American male (ex-military)-- very thankful and proud to be so endowed! Somehow it isn't my nature to deny any privileges, -- so dear to me -- to other Americans of different color or gender. But these same privileges are often-times grudgingly given or denied to minorities. I don't see many conservatives working to correct that disparity.

Last edited:
From way back in my childhood I was a Democrat. I didn't even follow politics like that but I just knew that being Black and Democrat went together.
What does being Black and conservative accomplish? Do Republicans care about Black issues? History shows they make it harder on us.

What does being Black and conservative accomplish? Do Republicans care about Black issues? History shows they make it harder on us.
Those are some tough questions!