. . . I personally think there's more going on than just artefact from faulty equipment. Some UAPs have been observed with the naked eye, as well. I'm open to the idea that these are extraterrestrial in nature, and they'll probably come around more during world conflict, like what's going on between Russia and Ukraine. . .
So once we put aside system artefacts (UK spelling) or artifacts (U.S. spelling), is there a residual of good cases left? And I just don’t know.

I do think the Oumuamua object which went through the solar system in the Fall of 2017, and which was either cigar-shaped or pancake-shape (not known) and whose reflectivity changed as presumably it tumbled through space, and which was observed accelerating as it left the solar system although not outgassing like a comet — well, it’s a real question mark!

We only first saw it when it was already moving away from us and had a total of 11 days to observe it.

It could be a break-off from an icy planet or comet.

But Harvard astronomer Avi Loeb said the mostly likely explanation on its face was an abandoned light sail.

So once we put aside system artefacts (UK spelling) or artifacts (U.S. spelling), is there a residual of good cases left? And I just don’t know.
That sounds like a good standard to me (y)(y)

We should definitely be focused on the best (data rich) and credible cases first before anything else. These suggestions would go a long way:
Consistent consolidation of reports from across the federal government, standardized reporting, increased collection and analysis, and a streamlined process for screening all such reports against a broad range of relevant USG data will allow for a more sophisticated analysis of UAP that is likely to deepen our understanding.
Source: Office of National Intelligence

A systematic investigation is essential in order to bring the phenomena into mainstream science. First, collection of hard data is paramount to establishing any credibility to the explanation of the phenomena. A rigorous scientific analysis is sorely needed, by multiple independent study groups, just as we do for evaluating other scientific discoveries. We, as scientists, cannot hastily dismiss any phenomenon without in-depth examination and then conclude the event itself is unscientific.

Such an approach would certainly not pass the “smell test” in our day-to-day science duties, so these kinds of arguments similarly should not suffice to explain UAP. We must insist on strict agnosticism. We suggest an approach that is purely rational: UAP represent observations that are puzzling and waiting to be explained. Just like any other science discovery.
Source: Scientific American

I do think the Oumuamua object which went through the solar system in the Fall of 2017, and which was either cigar-shaped or pancake-shape (not known) and whose reflectivity changed as presumably it tumbled through space, and which was observed accelerating as it left the solar system although not outgassing like a comet — well, it’s a real question mark!

We only first saw it when it was already moving away from us and had a total of 11 days to observe it.

It could be a break-off from an icy planet or comet.

But Harvard astronomer Avi Loeb said the mostly likely explanation on its face was an abandoned light sail.
I read up on it. Very interesting, seem to even show some intelligent behavior when you look at some of the timing that it slowed down and accelerated...
The interstellar visitor entered the solar system with a velocity very close to the local standard of rest, which is the average velocity of stars in our neighborhood. However, most of those stars have individual velocities much higher than that. So why should 'Oumuamua have something very close to the average number? It remains a mystery.

Lastly, on its way out of the solar system, 'Oumuamua gave astronomers one more giant mystery: It appeared to be accelerating, moving away from the sun at a slightly faster pace with every passing day. This wouldn't be the weirdest thing for comets, which can have abnormal acceleration profiles due to outgassing of materials. But observations of 'Oumuamua revealed no such activity.
Source: https://www.space.com/oumuamua-first-interstellar-visitor-true-nature-mystery

Last edited:
Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
Do you it’s really good evidence that it slowed down and then sped up?
I think it's consistent with intelligent behavior. From most sources I've read, as a body (astroid, planet, comet) gets closer to the sun it picks up speed. This has to do with the gravitational pull of the sun. The farther away it goes from the sun, it slows down. The object called, Oumuamua, seemed to do the opposite. I'd need more than that to conclude that it was driven by some intelligence.

There's also the fact that it even left our solar system.

From Scientific American:
'Oumuamua was the first object ever seen flying into our solar system and back out again. That's opposed to most solar system objects that turn circles around the sun, never leaving the celestial neighborhood. Its journey and the fact that it was accelerating suggested 'Oumuamua, which is estimated to be about 1,300 to 2,600 feet (400 to 800 meters) long, was a comet. And yet, "there was no 'coma' or outgassing detected coming from the object," Seligman said. Normally, comets come from regions more distant from the sun than asteroids, and ice on their surface turns straight into gas as they approach the sun, leaving behind a trail of gas, or what we see as a beautiful comet tail, Seligman said.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur