Several years ago (maybe even 10 years ago), the debate between agnosticism vs. atheism used to be big. There were many videos on Youtube coming out around that time, several different forums were debating it, etc. I believe this debate heated up after Richard Dawkins released his book called , The God Delusion. In his book, he came up with a belief scale that placed agnostic in the middle and theism and atheism on the opposite ends of the spectrum. The significance of the scale is that it placed agnosticism as a position by itself.

We can go back and forth about whether someone can be an agnostic without also being an atheist nor theist, but I'd rather limit this topic to being about videos that you think best explain agnosticism.

So post your favorite agnostic videos in this thread. Also, tell us briefly about why you like the video.

Last edited:
I like this guy's explanation. Notice how undogmatic he is. He clears up a lot of misconceptions about agnostics.

Just in case the video doesn't play on this site, then you can view it directly on Youtube: here.

Last edited:
I used to be a theist.
I've never been atheist.
Now I'm a gnostic?
I think that's reasonable. That would mean you neither believe nor disbelieve in God's existence. I think you meant "agnostic" (the term "gnostic" is entirely different).

Last edited:
I was attempting word play humour.
I thought of that at first but it looked too good to be true.????

I should have also realized that when you asked a question. Gnostics would not be asking any questions. Only agnostics would! ;)

Here goes another excellent video. I love the way Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson talks about definitions of the words atheism and agnostics and how the behaviors of each group can play a role in our understanding of those definitions.

Just in case the video doesn't play on this site, then you can view it directly on Youtube: here.

Last edited:
I'm surprised to find this video still around. I watched it over a decade ago.

Here's another good video. I like his description of agnostics, although I think there's more to it than what he described: