A

AgnosticBoy

Are American elections fair?

Was there any verifiable voter fraud in the 2020 election?

Last edited by a moderator:
Unlike many that claim that American elections are fair, my position is that they are unfair. There are three main reasons I hold this view towards the 2020 election, and all elections in general. The first reason is that there is a lack of oversight to catch election errors. Take for instance the recount in Georgia that found thousands of votes uncounted. Apparently, us voters only have the ability to confirm that our ballots were accepted but not the ability to confirm that our votes were actually counted. Without that option, can we really be sure that our votes are counted, given what happened in Georgia?

The second reason I don't accept that elections are fair is because there's a lack of oversight to catch some cheating. Now I am agnostic on if cheating actually occurred in the 2020 election, but I believe that there was a potential for it to happen. Someone can not claim that there is no cheating if there's little to no way to catch it to begin with. In some cases, it is easier to catch someone trying to buy alcohol while underage than to catch someone engaged in election fraud. If anything, I believe Trump should offer proof for his claims of cheating before any election result is overturned, but even if that's done, I think he can make a case that there is a potential to cheat and a lack of oversight to catch it.

One more reason I see American elections as unfair is because voter choices are limited. There are so many regulations in place for someone to get their name on the ballot for a presidential campaign, that you'd effectively have to be rich and/or powerful (have Democrat or Republican friends in power or good lawyers) to succeed. In my view, besides being an American citizen in good standing with the law, the only other requirement for president should be is a 1 to 2 year education and internship in local, state, and federal government. Make this education available for anyone who wants it. This levels the playing field in that someone who is poor or even middle class can think just as well as a wealthy person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are American elections fair?

Was there any verifiable voter fraud in the 2020 election?
I believe American elections are as fair as can be. It can always be better and more secure. I watched clips of Rudy Giuliani and his legal team press conference from a few days ago and what I saw was nothing more than a conspiracy theory. It is hard to take those type of allegations seriously when his team offers no proof. He did the same thing for the Ukraine and Hunter Biden connection. He produced a lot of documents but no bombshell from what I could tell.

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
I agree w/ you on Guiliani. I'm sure he has his strengths as a former prosecutor but it seems he's put too much on the plate to prove. Now if Trump had some of the same lawyers he did for his impeachment trial, lawyers like Jay Sekulow and Alan Dershowitz, then I'd trust that voter fraud or some technicality would've been successfully argued in Trump's favor.