What's going on?

What does this say about the first balloon that was shot down?? Any implications?

US shoots down "high-altitude object" over Alaska

• President Joe Biden ordered the military to down what the White House described as a “high-altitude object” hovering over Alaska on Friday. It was shot down near the Canadian border on water that is frozen in the Arctic Ocean, the White House said.
  • The object, flying at an altitude of 40,000 feet and the "size of a small car," came to the government's attention last evening, and “posed a reasonable threat to the safety of civilian flight," a White House official said.

What's going on?
America is finally starting to take UFOs seriously OR they are being more transparent about it by notifying the public! I would imagine now that good documented reports about UFOs coming from the people will be taken more seriously by the media and government.

What does this say about the first balloon that was shot down?? Any implications?
What it shows me is that the US can shoot down the balloon over or near Alaska while avoiding collateral damage (damage to life and property). If you remember, this was the original reason given for why the first spy balloon wasn't shot down, although only afterwards, are more reasons being added which is suspicious (almost as if they are coming up with reasons to justify their move). This is why I think it's important that the government remain transparent, put out all of their reason from the start.

Unlike some Republicans, I'm willing to give Biden another pass here seeing that this incident was handled much better. President Biden was informed about this second flying object fairly quickly, and he made the decision to shoot it down asap rather than waiting for it to fly across the rest of the US. I hope that this is the policy going forward.

Folks... third "unidentified object" has been shot down in Canada. I'm tempted to think that Canada and the US are overreacting since we're alarmed by the spy balloon from last week, but on the other hand, I doubt that trained military personnel would waste expensive military artillery on harmless debris floating in the air. I'll let you be the judge:

Last edited: