Before, most of the criticism was coming from Republicans but now I think that's shifting to where both sides are questioning biden's response. MSNBC is now starting to be critical of Biden's response...
I was also one of those that was willing to give Biden the benefit of the doubt and put most of the blame on the military, but then it seems that he's not looking at this issue as a big deal.

President Biden on Thursday said that the suspected Chinese spy balloon that flew over much of the U.S. last week was “not a major breach,” comparing it to intelligence gathering conducted by countries around the world.

“It’s not a major breach. Look, the total amount of intelligence gathering that’s going on by every country around the world is overwhelming,” Biden said in an interview with Noticias Telemundo that airs this evening.
Source: The Hill

Even if it was not a major breach, Biden made a big mistake saying that. A breach is a breach. When Biden tries to downplay it, then that gives the impression that he would not take it seriously if another event occurred. At this time we want to deter enemy nations from violating our airspace, but saying it's not a big deal does the opposite.

but now I think that's shifting to where both sides are questioning biden's response.
Here we’re among friends. Plus, we’re currently small circulation.

But honest to gosh, if we were large circulation, I’d be questioning how much value is there to piling on, to throwing shade on our president, etc.

Here we’re among friends. Plus, we’re currently small circulation.

But honest to gosh, if we were large circulation, I’d be questioning how much value is there to piling on, to throwing shade on our president, etc.
I can understand why some would think the negative reactions are a pile on. Here's my perspective on that...

Personally, I don't want to be the one to say that a lot of people can't disagree/criticize or agree/defend. If discussions start to become uncivil or too opinionated, then there are guidelines in place which would lead me to remind members to keep the convo on topic and stick to logic and evidence.

In the case of the topic here, (the decision making behind shooting down the spy balloon), I think it's fairly fresh on people's minds and even the president and his officials keep bringing it up. Naturally, people are going to react by agreeing or disagreeing. And as Biden and his officials continue to add more details, then people will add more disagreement/criticism or agreement/defense.

Oh, and since this incident there has been a 2nd unidentified object shot down. And right when I was writing this post earlier, there has now been a third "unidentified object" shot down by the US/ Canadian government. I also agree with how Biden has handled these recent cases. People will forget about the way the first case was handled if this good policy becomes the new standard!

Here we go again:
The U.S. military is tracking a mysterious balloon that flew over American soil, but it’s not clear what it is or whom it belongs to, NBC News reported, citing three U.S. officials.

The object flew across portions of Hawaii but did not go over any sensitive areas, the officials said.

The U.S. military has been tracking it since late last week and has determined that it poses no threat to aerial traffic or national security and is not communicating signals, one official said. It's not clear if it's a weather balloon or something else, the official said, adding that the U.S. could still shoot it down if it nears land.

U.S. officials do not believe the balloon belongs to the Chinese, but they are still working to identify the owner. A Chinese spy balloon flew across parts of the U.S. in early February before being shot down off the Carolina coast.
Source: NBC

Due to the reports, I don't believe this balloon is a national security threat, but the question still lingers when it comes to if we should shoot it down or not.