Imagine a technology that can do 6-to-700 g-forces, that can fly at 13,000 miles an hour, that can evade radar and that can fly through air and water and possibly space. And oh, by the way, has no obvious signs of propulsion, no wings, no control surfaces and yet still can defy the natural effects of Earth's gravity. That's precisely what we're seeing.
Source: CBS News - 60 minutes

The above quote is a description of a UFO given by Luis Elizondo, a military counterintelligence officer and former director of the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (ATTIP), a secretive unit of the Pentagon that studied UFOs. Luis gave this definition during a documentary on CBS news. It's the best documentary I've seen on UFOs because it offers some of the best type of evidence from sophisticated surveillance and from trained military pilots. The documentary also goes over some of the skepticism. Here's the full documentary:

For debate:
1. Are UFOs real? (UFO defined earlier in this post. It's referred to as "technology", which implies intelligence behind it).

I believe! ????

Scientists can not explain it. Government can not explain it. I can bet that there are better videos than that. However, the government does not want to look unprepared so they release what they want us to see and hide the rest.

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
Good points, Tracy. The Scientific American has a good article that covers different perspectives on the recent UFO sightings by the US military. I'll post mostly the perspective of one of the skeptics.

Those deeply entrenched public beliefs, paired with the apparent reinvigoration of investigative interest in these incidents at the highest levels of government, can lead to dazzling speculations. Might we be on the verge of a formal disclosure—backed by irrefutable evidence—that humankind is not alone and is indeed being monitored by extraterrestrial civilizations? Or could it be that UAPs are entirely homegrown products of revolutionary and clandestine technological advances, whether by other countries now challenging American airspace or by the U.S. itself as part of some supersecret domestic program meant to detect flaws in the nation’s defenses? The mind boggles.

Skeptical science writer Mick West has taken on the chore of analyzing the spate of UAP videos released by the U.S. military, steadfastly investigating how some of the incidents could merely be mirages from flaws in newly deployed radar systems, as well as various sorts of well-understood visual artifacts regularly seen in cameras. Despite his work to debunk the recent claims, West maintains that reports of mysterious aircraft stalking military assets should be taken quite seriously.

“Firstly, there’s a set of very real issues that could be grouped together as ‘UAPs’ or ‘UFOs,’” West says. “Any time something unidentified shows up in restricted airspace, then that’s a real problem that needs solving.” There have been many reports of drones above or near restricted areas, he notes. “We know that drones have been used for terrorist attacks, and drones will very much be a significant factor in future conflicts,” West says. “So we need to figure out how to identify and mitigate such things.”

Another real issue is that pilots sometimes see things that they cannot readily identify, West says, and they may misidentify such objects. Regardless of what such pilots actually observe, this is a problem. “If something there is hard to identify—like a novel drone—then we need to figure out how to identify it,” he says. “If the pilots are making mistakes, then we need to figure out why.”
Source: Scientific American

I visited the hyperlink in the article and that leads to Mick West's site. He gives an interesting explanation describing these UFOs as being artefact in some cases and misidentified objects in other cases. What I'd love to see is a debate seeing how much water his skeptical views hold. In fact, I'd even like to see his views peer-reviewed by experts to see if anyone else agrees with him.

Reactions: TracyRN
Here's another video you might like Tracy. It's an interesting from Sam Harris on the recent UFO activity as reported by the US Navy and the Pentagon. Sam Harris has been known to be critical of religious beliefs so many might put him in the skeptic camp even when it comes to UFOs. Apparently, he's open or agnostic to UFOs and even gives caution against extreme skepticism.

The Pentagon released their UFO report today. The 9 page report can be read on the Department of National Intelligence site here (click on the hyperlink text, "Download the report"

I read the report to find answers to my debate question but the report findings were largely inconclusive. The report does not refer to any UFOs as technology but simply refers to them as "physical objects". The closest it comes to talking about UFOs as technology is with the following:

In 18 incidents, described in 21 reports, observers reported unusual UAP movement patterns or flight characteristics.

Some UAP appeared to remain stationary in winds aloft, move against the wind, maneuver abruptly, or move at considerable speed, without discernable means of propulsion. In a small number of cases, military aircraft systems processed radio frequency (RF) energy associated with UAP sightings. The UAPTF holds a small amount of data that appear to show UAP demonstrating acceleration or a degree of signature management. Additional rigorous analysis are necessary by multiple teams or groups of technical experts to determine the nature and validity of these data. We are conducting further analysis to determine if breakthrough technologies were demonstrated.

Last edited:
The Pentagon released their UFO report today. The 9 page report can be read on the Department of National Intelligence site here (click on the hyperlink text, "Download the report"

I read the report to find answers to my debate question but the report findings were largely inconclusive. The report does not refer to any UFOs as technology but simply refers to them as "physical objects". The closest it comes to talking about UFOs as technology is with the following:
Inconclusive? Im not a bit surprised. Lol

A US congressional panel held a hearing on the subject of UFOs.

Washington — A House panel held the first public congressional hearing on unidentified flying objects in more than half a century on Tuesday, with top Pentagon officials saying the number of "unidentified aerial phenomena" (UAP) reported by pilots and service members had grown to about 400.

Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence and Security Ronald Moultrie and Deputy Director of Naval Intelligence Scott Bray testified before a House subcommittee about how the Defense Department is organizing reports of UAPs after a congressionally mandated report released last year found most of the incidents analyzed remain unidentified.
Source:

Here's some video that summarizes some of the hearing:

They're back!!:alien:

The US military acknowledges that it has over 300 sightings of UFOs (160 of those were shown to be airborne clutter - birds, drones, balloons) since the release of their report to Congress, last year. Is it advanced technology? ET?

If anything, this shows that science still has more evolving to do. Here are my thoughts that I posted on another forum last year:
Let's take the issue of UFOs as an example. Skepticism and taboo has inhibited research into UFOs. There's no real scientific body devoted to studying aerial phenomena. It wasn't until recent sightings by the US military, that just so happened to be leaked, that now the issue is being taken seriously. Last month, the Pentagon acknowledged the existence of Unidentified aerial phenomena, and admitted to not knowing what they were. So now UFOs are in a state of being accepted by the experts while also not being explainable. Now there's talk of a demand for multi-disciplinary field of scientists needed to study the phenomenon. I think study into the supernatural should follow the same track.

Last edited:
A "spy balloon" has been spotted over a nuclear site in the United States. According to some reports, the US military doesn't want to shoot it down. It's not exactly a UFO, or is it? :alien:

hmmm? Also reported on CNN...
230202153440-suspected-chinese-surveillance-balloon.jpg

Pentagon tracking suspected Chinese spy balloon over the US

According to CNN, this balloon is the size of 3 buses.

Last edited:
Just an update on my last post regarding the Chinese made spy balloon...

Chinese officials have finally responded and said this about the balloon:
"The airship is from China. It is a civilian airship used for research, mainly meteorological, purposes," the Beijing's foreign ministry said in a statement on its website.

"The Chinese side regrets the unintended entry of the airship into U.S. airspace due to force majeure," it said. It added that China would keep communicating with the U.S. to "properly handle this unexpected situation."

The ministry said that due to strong winds and a lack of steering capability the object "deviated far from its planned course." The balloon has been spotted in Billings, Montana, some 6,000 miles away from China.
Source: NBC

I was really interested to see how regular citizens would react. Wouldn't they think this was a UFO, just as they would think with any other unidentifiable object they see in the skies? Here are some reactions I found:

Last edited: