Multicolored Lemur

Atheist / Agnostic
Nov 23, 2021

“ . . Dominion had asked for $1.6 billion in arguing that Fox had damaged its reputation by helping peddle phony conspiracy theories about its equipment switching votes from former President Donald Trump to Democrat Joe Biden. Fox said the amount greatly overstated the value of the Colorado-based company. . ”

“ . . Records released as part of the lawsuit showed how Fox hosts and executives did not believe the claims by Trump's allies but aired them anyway, in part to win back viewers who were fleeing the network after it correctly called hotly contested Arizona for Democrat Joe Biden on election night. . ”

And that’s what emails can show. That you aired the stuff that you didn’t even believe in the first place.

But still—

With the very high standards we have here in the U.S. to prove slander or libel against a public official, and presumably against a public corporation as well, there’s no guarantee Dominion would have won with the jury or on appeals.

Last edited:

Fox-Hosts-Dominion-Settlement.jpg

“ . . The outcome of the lawsuit was not mentioned once between the hours of 7 and 11 p.m. on Tuesday night — a block of time that includes network headliners Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham, and Sean Hannity, all figures who were implicated in Dominion’s case against Fox. . ”

Yeah, ol’ Sean Hannity probably should have said something.

Here is a damning text message from a so-called Trump Supporter and Fox News prime time host, Tucker Carlson:
"He was pushing voting fraud stuff. I have no doubt there was fraud. But at this point, Trump and Lin and Powell have so discredited their own case, and the rest of us to some extent, that it's infuriating. Absolutely enrages me," Carlson wrote.
Source: CBS News

It's a shame that mainstream media, including Fox News (contrary to what they've led many to believe about Left-wing media), not only push narratives but even their reporters are aware of the false/biased narratives, and still continue to push them. And then behind closed doors, it shows that they don't even stand behind their reporting, but continue to report it to appeal to their audience. I'm not surprised that this happens, but I just didn't think it was as bad as this case.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
And then behind closed doors, it shows that they don't even stand behind their reporting,
To what extent are Tucker, Sean, and Laura phonies, just playing a role.

Versus . . .

Everyone talks crap about their job or their boss from time to time. I mean, even the best plumber in the world might say, “I do and do and do for these people, and these are the thanks that I get.”

To what extent are Tucker, Sean, and Laura phonies, just playing a role.

Versus . . .

Everyone talks crap about their job or their boss from time to time. I mean, even the best plumber in the world might say, “I do and do and do for these people, and these are the thanks that I get.”
Well I would say that Hannity is definitely a conservative Republican. He has his own radio show where he pushes nothing but conservative views.

I'm not sure how much Tucker is a conservative. I honestly think that Trump's legal team, Rudy Giuliani and the others at that time, were bat crap crazy. I listened to a press conference they gave and it just seemed to go beyond the wildest of conspiracy theories, linking together fraud, Venezuela, etc. Given these details, I can kinda see your second explanation being the case.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
Well I would say that Hannity is definitely a conservative Republican. He has his own radio show where he pushes nothing but conservative views.
Even here I’d say . . .

With acquaintances and co-workers, we all get into roles we simply get used to. For example, if I’m the co-worker Roger “talks sports with,” it’s going to be a little weird to disappoint him.

Maybe a friend is someone who sees me in 3 different facets ? ? ?

as one of many definitions! :)

hM2uGuAVoEwp2IiUnv2K_25_a2bdd868982ea788ab78eedbcf1d6b9d_thumbnail_og_img.jpg

Tucker Carlson

By the way, Fox fired him Monday.

I know Tucker as a guy who will invite on a liberal guest like someone who believes in “safe spaces” at college, and then really roll with his act of being visibly shocked!

fox_corporation_flag_american_flag_1464252175.jpg

And look at how the “Fox News” flag is flown just as high as the American flag.

In proper flag etiquette, the only flag as high as the American flag should be if we choose to fly the flag of another country as a sign of respect.