What is your view on Trump's second impeachment?

I am not against having an inquiry on if Trump should be impeached. This should be done first because you want to investigate the matter before jumping to conclusions. There are several reasons why you'd want to investigate:

- First, Trump used words like "fight like Hell". That can be taken both literally and non-literally. How do we know which sense he intended if we don't look into his intent? Plenty of politicians from both sides have used similar language, but we don't impeach them nor automatically suggest that they are inciting or trying to incite violence. Also should Trump be blamed if he intended it to be non-literal but some protestors took it to be literal? That's certainly possible given the fact that not all protestors entered the US Capitol.
- There is growing evidence that the attack on the US Capitol was planned. If the attack was planned before Trump's rally then some of these pro-Trump protestors already had it in their mind to attack before listening to Trump's speech. Perhaps we can investigate if Trump played a role in that planning. We should know that before trying to impeach him.
- Another point that was brought up mostly by Democrats is that Trump did nothing to stop the attack. That should also be investigated. Trump released a video during the attack calling for protestors to stop their attack and leave. Perhaps he could've done more, Perhaps the FBI and US Capitol police could've done more given the fact they had some information on threats prior to the attack.

Without a proper investigation, especially letting the other side (Trump and his team) give a statement, then the impeachment is just simply a rush to judgement.

Last edited:
I debated this issue on another forum here. Some new information that I hadn't known at the time was that Trump stated the following during his speech:
"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."
What Trump said in rally speech to spark U.S. Capitol storming (palmbeachpost.com)

Not surprisingly, I don't see networks like CNN reporting on this key detail. Now if people ignore this evidence or say that he still caused the rioting, then you have to question if we're just all giving our subjective standards, and if so, no one is reasonably right. In order to be reasonably right, there needs to be some standard that most can agree on to determine if Trump was responsible. I know there are already laws on inciting riots and that's why I suggest to let law enforcement investigate the matter, and then impeach pending the outcome of that investigation.

According to a report from Reuters:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said on Monday lawmakers will establish an outside, independent commission to review the "facts and causes" related to the deadly Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol by supporters of then-President Donald Trump.
Why couldn't this have been done BEFORE impeachment?

President Trump is acquitted, and my response to that is good! My response is not based on my thinking that he is innocent of any or all crimes, but rather it's based on my disagreement with the LACK of good standards involved in impeaching a president or any member of Congress for that matter.

If we let Senators go by their own personal preferences or standards of what good evidence is, then anyone in the majority can impeach anyone for any reason. This is also very likely given the fact that some Democrats have also made inflammatory comments that may've sparked or added fuel to angry and violent protests.

My position has always been that Trump's second impeachment should've only happened pending the results of a criminal investigation. At least such investigations would have standards and precedent and better due process.