Does NewsMax offer fair-and-balanced news?

I have to say that NewsMax presents a great counter to some of the extreme left news networks but it is also biased. Any news network where there's an agenda for or against a political party, instead of just reporting facts, can not be trusted to be fair-and-balanced.

For months, I watched NewsMax reporters and guests try to push the idea that Trump and his team will be able to uncover election fraud. Even when the deadline to challenge the elections in the court passed, NewsMax and its guests try to push the idea that the electoral college could be challenged. Well, today, Biden was inaugurated as the 46th US president. All of what NewsMax was pushing as truth has all amounted to nothing in the end. This reminds me of when the CNN and MSNBC were pushing the Russian conspiracy and Meuller's FBI report. Surely we were going to get the smoking gun to impeach Trump from that. We got nothing.

It is encouraging to see a Newsmax reporter, or any reporter at that, open up acknowledging their bias and/or perspective. My favorite Newsmax reporter so far is Greg Kelly, and he opens up acknowledging his perspective:

This is evidence that Newsmax is not fair-and-balanced (doesn't mean they can't get it right at least half of the time), but they are at least honest about it unlike every other mainstream media that doesn't acknowledge their biases.

There is bias and there is ultra-bias (fake news). FOX News settled out of court admitting in their action they were complicit to fake news!

On the other hand, I agree that it seems that CNN slants its news in favor of the liberal POV. But then they are, for the most part, made up of journalists that have graduated from a Liberal Arts program (I know of no "conservative arts" programs). They are guilty of reporting the news in an historically approved fashion. If CNN's reporting tends to be liberal, there is great precedent for that.

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
There is bias and there is ultra-bias (fake news). FOX News settled out of court admitting in their action they were complicit to fake news!

On the other hand, I agree that it seems that CNN slants its news in favor of the liberal POV. But then they are, for the most part, made up of journalists that have graduated from a Liberal Arts program (I know of no "conservative arts" programs). They are guilty of reporting the news in an historically approved fashion. If CNN's reporting tends to be liberal, there is great precedent for that.
Agreed! I also think that all or most news organizations are biased. It's probably inevitably when you're dealing with ratings, a certain audience, etc. But you've also made a good observation that there are different levels of bias. For instance, I consider a news organization like One American News network (OAN) to be ultra-bias because it's even more to the Right than Fox News. I'd even say it is ultra-Trump.

Last edited:
Let me also say that even if OAN is heavily biased but I still do watch them at times to get a different perspective. Most times I don't feel a need to because I can get most of the conservative perspective from watching Fox News.

I went to the OAN site and they want $4.99/mo. to view! Then I got to thinking about what you said -- them being very far right -- and nixed the whole idea of signing up.

If I want any ultra-right view points, I can just email my ulta-right friend in Florida. He is always ready to dispense with BS like there is no tomorrow (and, to him, there will be no tomorrow!).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AgnosticBoy