Nested quotes are basically quotes within quotes. The benefit of nested quotes is that it can make it easier to follow a conversation all in one post instead of having to look at different posts to see what is being responded to. Here's what it would look like:

When you reply to a post by clicking the "reply" button, it will not only quote the person's post but also any other post that they quoted. For example, in the following post contains William's response and part of Sajan's post.

Web-capture-30-10-2023-153044-theagnosticforum-com.jpg

The default setting was that hitting reply to William's post would only quote William's response but would leave out Sajan's quoted post. With the nested quotes add-on, now hitting the reply button will include William's post and any other post that he quoted (if he didn't quote anything then this wouldn't apply) as follows:

Tired of the oversimplified notion that consciousness is solely a product of the brain. It feels like a 'materialism of the gaps,
Not wrong there.
I started a thread topic "Is the human brain is the creator of human consciousness?" and wrote the following.
"The topic of whether the human brain is the sole creator of human consciousness invites an exploration into the intricate relationship between science and philosophy.

Now, if you wanted to delete part of a nested quote (like Sajan's part), just highlight the content within the quote box and click on the quotation icon in the editor toolbar. Then that will leave you with this in your reply:
Not wrong there.
I started a thread topic "Is the human brain is the creator of human consciousness?" and wrote the following.
"The topic of whether the human brain is the sole creator of human consciousness invites an exploration into the intricate relationship between science and philosophy.

You can also change to bb code view and delete one of the quoted posts that way. There is also manual way to create nested quotes while in the bb code view, but which I've explained in the FAQ section.

Reactions: William