Status
Not open for further replies.
How to quote someone's post?
To include a quotation of someone's post in your reply, simply select the "reply" button. This will cause the entire post to be quoted in the reply area and then you can begin to type after the quoted post.

If you want to break up someone's post into multiple quotes (so your response will come after individual points), then just click at the end of a sentence in a quoted post to place the cursor. Then press enter, and it will create a separate quotation block.

This is a list of custom reactions:
🥇 = The gold medal. For posts that are exceptionally good in too many ways to count.

💡 = Insightful. A reaction for posts showing accurate and deep understanding.

More reactions may be added.

Last edited:
Why do you group agnostics and independents together?

I believe independents are like the agnostics of politics. By that I mean, independents do not identify with either major party for some of the same reasons that agnostics don't identify with many of the major belief systems (atheism and theism). Both sides tend to be very partisan, polarizing, and dogmatic.

Last edited:
How to create a new discussion topic?

Click on a forum, such as General Information or Member Introduction, and then click on the "Post Thread" button at the top.

Return to Question Index

Last edited:
How do I post in a discussion topic or thread? Also, how do I reply to a specific post?

Click on a discussion topic or thread. Then click on "Reply" button at the top or scroll all the way down to a text box where you can type your response. Then hit the "post reply" button to submit your post.

If you're replying to someone's post, then just scroll to that post and click the reply button. This will create a quoted copy of the post and you can respond under the quote box. The only dislike some may have with this is that it quotes the entire post.

If you only want to have only part of the post quoted, then use your cursor to highlight the portion of the post you want quoted. Right after that, an option should pop that says "reply". Click on that button and the highlighted portion of the post will show up in the text box where you type your post.

Return to Question Index

Last edited:
How do I unquote a post that I quoted?

Simply click within the quote box, and then click on the Quote button in the text editor toolbar section.

Return to Question Index

How to change your username?

If you want your username changed then please contact a staff member and they can do it for you. The only restriction is that you can not change it to a username that is already taken.

Return to Question Index

Reactions: notsuretobehonest
Creating a quote within a quote?

This would probably be used if someone wanted to quote someone's post, and that post also includes a quote of someone else.

First, change to BB code view by clicking on the toggle bb code option in the text editing toolbar [ ]. Then make sure your post follows the following format:

Code:
[quote="member x"]
Agnosticism is not the same as atheism.
In fact, Thomas Huxley, described it as follows:
[QUOTE]
This principle may be stated in various ways but they all amount to this: that it is wrong for a man to say that he is certain of the objective truth of any proposition unless he can produce evidence which logically justifies that certainty.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

When you post, this will look like this:
member x said:
So let us be more precise about what agnostics are and aren’t.
In fact, the term agnostic was coined in 1869 by one of Darwin’s most fervent followers, Thomas Henry Huxley, famously known as “Darwin’s bulldog” for his defense of evolutionary theory. Here’s how he defined his agnosticism:
This principle may be stated in various ways but they all amount to this: that it is wrong for a man to say that he is certain of the objective truth of any proposition unless he can produce evidence which logically justifies that certainty.

Return to Question Index

Status
Not open for further replies.