Multicolored Lemur

Atheist / Agnostic
Nov 23, 2021

The straw that broke the camel’s back was probably an argument with profanity she had with Lauren Boebert.

But the underlying factors are that Greene supported the election of Kevin McCarthy as Speaker of the House, and that she supported the debt ceiling deal McCarthy and Biden reached around May 28.

“ . . was apparently kicked out of the House Freedom Caucus, the hard-right group famous for bedeviling Republican House speakers, . . ”

And that oppositional style of “Freedom Caucus” is probably more important than whatever the content is of various policy positions.

—> unfortunately can only read some of this article before hitting a pay wall

The straw that broke the camel’s back was probably an argument with profanity she had with Lauren Boebert.
I get the gut feeling that this was the real reason. I doubt anyone would argue that Marjorie Greene is too much of a moderate for any Republican side. I mean she's a strong supporter of Trump and has promoted the QAnon conspiracy theories.

QAnon scored its first national political victory on Tuesday when Marjorie Taylor Greene, a supporter of the convoluted pro-Trump conspiracy theory, won a House seat in Georgia, bringing into the halls of Congress an online movement that has inspired real-world violence and been branded a potential domestic terrorism threat by the F.B.I.

Ms. Greene was among at least a dozen Republican congressional candidates — some estimates put the number upward of 20 — who had expressed some degree of support for QAnon and its baseless belief that President Trump is fighting a cabal of Satanist child-molesting Democrats and deep-state bureaucrats who seek global domination. Most were running for reliably Democratic seats.
Source: New York Times

'Nuff said. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
'Nuff said. :rolleyes:
In normal times, I’d agree a hundred percent. A couple of years ago, Greene even expressed agreement with a conspiracy theory that California wild fires were caused by Jewish persons using laser beams from space. Wow. Maybe this was only a re-tweet or something. But she is a person who likes her conspiracy theories.

She’s also said we shouldn’t spend so much money helping Ukraine defend itself [I think a dismissive attitude toward Ukraine is somehow perceived as helping the pro-Trump “side”].

But all the same, these are not normal times.

The articles also talked about Greene not being hostile enough toward Speaker Kevin McCarthy. Yes, hostile toward the Republican Speaker. But that does seem to be the current standard of the hard-right “Freedom Caucus.”

Last edited: