Multicolored Lemur

Atheist / Agnostic
Nov 23, 2021
And I feel the opportunity is slipping away, but My God, if 50 centrist Democrats had approached McCarthy, may have changed whole path of U.S. politics!

* We’re going to put together something reasonable on immigration,

* We’re going to avoid any debt ceiling crisis,

And three other things which appreciably helps the lives of the average American.

Last edited:
Reactions: AgnosticBoy
And I feel the opportunity is slipping away, but My God, if 50 centrist Democrats had approached McCarthy, may have changed whole path of U.S. politics!

* We’re going to put together something reasonable on immigration,

* We’re going to avoid any debt ceiling crisis,

And three other things which appreciably helps the lives of the average American.
I am doubtful now that it is clear that Speaker McCarthy will be able to lead even as a moderate. The group he gave into are not moderate and some include Trump supporters.

Apparently, there was a near scuffle during one of the voting sessions...Matt Gaetz vs Mike Rogers..

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
Apparently, there was a near scuffle during one of the voting sessions...Matt Gaetz vs Mike Rogers..

Chapter 1:

Matt Gaetz is a probable sexual abuser. His “wingman” pleaded guilty to like 6 counts including trafficking an underage teenager.

I think in September a prosecutor deciding the witnesses against Matt would not be well-received by the jury. In practical terms, the then-teenagers maybe had drug issues or just chaotic home lives.

Meaning, powerful men will pick vulnerable victims. But lest some would-be predator reading this— . . . sometimes that sh*t don’t work and you do get convicted! Besides no way to treat people.

Chapter 2:

The citizens in the Congressional district Matt Gaetz is supposed to be representing might either be embarrassed about him or think he’s being unfairly attacked, and the psychology is complicated which way this plays out for each particular person.

I’d love to see Gaetz get a challenge in the next Republican primary from a non-crazy and non-abusive conservative.

Especially from a sensible, economic growth conservative, but that might be hoping for entirely too much!

Last edited:
Reactions: AgnosticBoy
McCarthy has become the speaker. I hope his concessions to those in his party does not keep him from reaching across the isle. I would hate to see a Congress that is bogged down by investigations into their political rivals. We have too many problems that need to be fixed, starting with immigration reform, inflation, rising crime, etc.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur