Since the 60’s America has taken a turn away from Christ and as a result our light has dimmed.
Interestingly, birth control for women was approved in the 1960s and that probably led to more women having sex. Before then, women probably had to be more selective because they would get pregnant without the availability of birth control. Nowadays it's an afterthought... Women don't have to worry about getting pregnant due to the availability of birth control .

I see an even more important event...prayer was removed from schools in the 1962 supreme court ruling in Engel v. Vitale. Look how bad schools are today. Where God is kicked out, Satan moves in.

I see an even more important event...prayer was removed from schools in the 1962 supreme court ruling in Engel v. Vitale. Look how bad schools are today. Where God is kicked out, Satan moves in.
I think that can also be due to a lack of discipline and respect for authority. While those two values are part of Christianity, but they aren't uniquely Christian so not enough to support the claim about the Christian God, imo. For instance, non-Christians can also have those values.

When I was in school we were disciplined by the teachers and principals. Then we got it again when we got home. There is no discipline in schools anymore. There are drugs, gangs and a bunch of kids who don’t know which bathroom to use. I’m pretty sure most kids are not reading at their grade level and I know firsthand how bad their math skills are. Schools are becoming indoctrination centers and places of confusion. And God is not the author of confusion.

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
I'm an 80s baby. I went to a private school for part of my childhood and couldn't tell you how many times I got my butt paddled. That type of discipline died out after the 1980s I think. Nowadays, disciplining a kid in that way, by teacher or parent, will probably get you a child abuse charge. I think a problem nowadays is probably not enough discipline or not a severe enough discipline. Sending a kid to their room where they have internet access, video games, cellphone, isn't discipline at all. Johnny has all of the entertainment and connection to friends that he needs in that case.

I guess I'm ole school. I think there's gotta be some pain involved in discipline. Even animals like dogs use pain as a form of discipline on their pups.

Reactions: Scooter
I do know that within a one mile circumference of my house there are 8 sexual predators at last count. My 6 month old granddaughter lives 1/4 of a mile from my house so I am concerned
I wish your granddaughter all the best! I wish her a life filled with love, happiness, and opportunities to help others. :)

And I’m glad you’re there as a grandfather to help protect, and to counsel her parents with your wisdom.

I’m not a Dad, but I am an Uncle. There are people I care for very much.

Two things I’ve read, and you’re 100 % free to disagree —

If a stranger attempts to abduct you, never get into the car. This is something TV and movies get wrong again and again and again. I guess because they’re trying to heighten the tension, rather than model best practice.

For abuse by someone known to the family or victim, it’s recommended for the parents to tell the child about good touch vs. bad touch, in whatever way the parent deems as being age appropriate.

You may have heard additional central info, and if so, of course I’d like to hear it. :)

Reactions: Scooter
We are beginning to stray too far off topic. Let's please focus on the topic.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur