Multicolored Lemur

Atheist / Agnostic
Nov 23, 2021
It just seems clunky, clumsy, and unnecessary to ask me my pronouns. Just go ahead and made a pretty good guess. And if you get it wrong, I’ll matter-of-factly correct you.

I’m looking for a few examples of extremism among liberals.

Although this really might be HR Human Resource departments who are great at turf building and turf protecting. And/or designers of computer forms, where making things complicated seems to be an occupational hazard.

Last edited:
Just reread question and I realized i misread it the first time...

Is it too in your face to get asked your gender pronoun?
It would probably depend on who you ask and what setting you're in. Now if someone is asking everyone that question and in every setting, then I think that goes too far. I don't know if I would call it wrong because it's too in-your-face or because it's extreme in another way and goes against common sense . I would think that if someone is presenting as a male in terms of their physical and mental traits (like their name, appearance, interests, etc), then it is reasonable to refer to that as the gender that typically goes with. If it is hard to tell, then you it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Now if you're at a club or event with there being a lot of LGBT around, then it would be reasonable to ask what someone identifies as.