Aug 23, 2021
Need a debate topic.
Introduction to Advaita Vedanta. Swami Tadatmananda walks you through Nonduality spirituality from ancient India to modern-day.

"Advaita Vedanta refers to the non-dualistic school of Hindu philosophy, which is derived mostly from the Upanishads and elaborated in detail by eminent scholars like Gaudapada and Sri Adishankaracharya. Dvaita means duality, and Advaita means nonduality. In simple terms, Advaita means absence of the duality between subject and object. In our wakeful consciousness we experience duality, but in deep sleep only nonduality.

Brahman is real, but the world in which we live is a mere illusion, like a mirage. It appears in our consciousness because of the activity of the mind and the senses. Since we totally depend upon them, we do not perceive Brahman, the ultimate reality, who is hidden in all. When they are fully withdrawn and made silent through detachment, purity and renunciation, one can see the Supreme Self hidden in all and attain liberation."
Information taken from HinduWebsite.com

Moderator comment... Debate topic needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swami,

Anything to debate here?

I apologize. The video was posted for all to learn from. You can add a topic.
Hey Swami... I'd have to watch the video and then I'll see what questions i have.

For future reference, this section of the forum is only for debate so there should be a topic offered to debate. If you're looking to just inform then the Discussion area of the forum is one place you can post your videos.

This was actually a good documentary. I've found that Hinduism is definitely not as Sola Scriptura as Christianity is.

I wish there were apologists for Hinduism and Buddhism just as there is for Christianity.