M1l1t@nt@gn0$t1c

Apr 7, 2024
Arizona
Worldview

Omnist

Hi there. I was on Reddit and stumbled across this site address.

Personally, I'm kind of an omnist. I believe that most of the actual religions have a spot of truth to them, or else people simply wouldn't follow them. Often, I think these truths come from what the religions have in common, and that sometimes finding that truth is like finding the grain of salt in a mountain of sugar, but it's gotta be in there somewhere.

I think that ideas are superior to beliefs. Ideas are by far more mutable and people don't tend to be as defensive when it comes to an idea, so discussions don't get as heated.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, feel free to ask.

Welcome to the forum M1.
I think that ideas are superior to beliefs
I really like that perspective.

I also like learning about different religions and philosophies. Once you do, you just don't know how interesting things are outside of your circle.

Btw, just going by your username, what led you to your agnostic side (or even your theist or atheist side)?

Feel free to jump into a discussion or start a new one. Although, it's slow here, but you will get an agnostic perspective from me or an atheist one from others... maybe a Christian one from a few of the quiet ones around here!

Last edited:
Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
I have a fairly interesting religious history...

I was born into a cult.

When I was four, my mother kidnapped me from the cult and married a Catholic and I was baptized to appease the inlaws.

Later I tried Lutheranism. The inevitable questions came up and were never satisfactorily answered

Then I tried atheism. That doesn't work for me. Nothing is actually a really big thing to believe in.

Tried solitary Wicca, but I feel that the Rede is literally impossible.

Then I came across a bumper sticker. It said:
"Militant agnostic... I don't know and neither do you."

In the 25 some odd years since then, I've never found a truer statement about religion

I was born into a cult.

When I was four, my mother kidnapped me from the cult and married a Catholic and I was baptized to appease the inlaws.

Later I tried Lutheranism. The inevitable questions came up and were never satisfactorily answered

Then I tried atheism. That doesn't work for me. Nothing is actually a really big thing to believe in.

Tried solitary Wicca, but I feel that the Rede is literally impossible.

Then I came across a bumper sticker. It said:
"Militant agnostic... I don't know and neither do you."

In the 25 some odd years since then, I've never found a truer statement about religion
That's an awesome story! Sorry you had to go through the cult stuff but it sounds like you are progressing well now.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur

I was born into a cult.

Later I tried Lutheranism. . . .

Wow, I’m glad you got out of the cult. :)

And welcome to our group here.