Muckah

Jan 11, 2022
I didn't know there was an Agnostic forum. Glad I found it. I acquired a very unfavorable opinion of Christianity recently and threw it in the dump. I feel so much better and at peace since.

I've found that all religion is bad for the planet.
See you around the forum.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Jim

I hope you stick around and we can have many interesting discussions.

The Forum is still in its beginning stages and there are only a few regular contributors - agnostics seem quite thin on the ground and it is good that there is a place where we can gather.

Cheers.

W

Hey Welcome to the forum.

While I hope to gain a lot of agnostics here, but I also invite all others to join.

See you around on the forum, Jim!

Welcome to the forum Jim

I hope you stick around and we can have many interesting discussions.

The Forum is still in its beginning stages and there are only a few regular contributors - agnostics seem quite thin on the ground and it is good that there is a place where we can gather.

Cheers.

W
I'll stick around. I'm agnostic in some ways but better described as a freethinking, skeptical, disgruntled believer. I don't call myself a 'Christian' anymore because it associates me with too many things and people that I simple don't like.

I've found that the most offensive Christians are Trinitarians, Seventh Day Adventists, Calvinist, Pre-tribbers, and preterist. People in those sects - which adds up to the bulk of Christianity, have driven me right out of 'the religion' of Christianity. It's the people in this debacle of a religion - like John MacArthur, Paul Washer, and the like, that drove me out. Including my nut-case cousin and Pentecostal AOG minister, and my girlfriend's cousin who's an American Baptist minister that drove me out.

Christians are Christianity's worse enemy. All the research from Barna, Pew, and a few others show Christianity going right down the tubes, mostly because of the people in it. My thinking is people are completely turned off with Christianity because television and the internet have exposed Christianity's hypocrisy and foolishness. People like MacArthur and Washer are what I call 'negativity preachers'. I can't stand them. Beggars like Mike Murdock, the Swaggert family, and Ken Copeland make Christianity look like a pile of crap.

Christians are obsessed with pre-trib, which in my view like Trinity, are the most fabricated diabolical doctrines to ever enter Christianity.

Bottom line is there's way too much bad in this debacle of a religion for me to be a part of it. In the past I've been very active in the church. I've been behind the pulpit as an interim pastor for 9 months, a deacon, a trustee, sang in the choir and played music in the church. I'm done with it. In fact, after my cousin teed me off, I burned about 5 bibles, and a host of hardcover research books I've had since the early 70's. Probably well over $2,000 worth of books. The difficult thing is I know too much about this messed up religion and have trouble disconnecting.

Most of us in the West have a similar story because our Western culture is "Christian". I myself left most of that behind, and moved on.

I currently refer to my position as "Agnostic non-religious Theist" - mainly because I did not throw the baby out with the bathwater and because some biblical things check out upon being tested. I remain open-minded and understand religion for the many faceted object that it is - truth sprinkled among fabrication and able to be sorted with the correct divining devices. :)

One thing I won't allow is for Christianity to get under my skin. It is what it is and they are welcome to it. It just ain't for me/my personality type.

I'll stick around. I'm agnostic in some ways but better described as a freethinking, skeptical, disgruntled believer. I don't call myself a 'Christian' anymore because it associates me with too many things and people that I simple don't like.

I've found that the most offensive Christians are Trinitarians, Seventh Day Adventists, Calvinist, Pre-tribbers, and preterist. People in those sects - which adds up to the bulk of Christianity, have driven me right out of 'the religion' of Christianity.
While there are some bad example Christians out there, but there are some good ones, as well. I sorta balanced out my perspective on them when I realized that any group can have some bad applies.

Good luck in your search for answers!

Reactions: Muckah and William
amen GIF

The spiritual gift of invisible energy blasts?!

• Haha
Reactions: William
ngHi Jim/Muckah. I'm the newest member as of now, and also an Agnostic who has tried Christianity. I just can't believe it enough.
Hey Honest-ism,

I have difficulty with a few things in the New Testament, and several things in the Old Testament. I don't understand why God found it necessary to kill so many innocent people. Especially the one where Israel was told to go and kill women and children, kill all the livestock, but bring home all the virgins. I don't get it. It's no wonder there are so many Agnostics and Atheist in the world. If the bible doesn't drive them the bible to it, the typical attitude of many Christians does!

Welcome to the forum. I hope membership keeps growing.

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
Hi Jimuckah, :)

I've had my difficulties with Christians too. Some of them are lovely people, but some of them are so smug and cheery, it seems fake and insulting. Okay, I should be nicer than that. Maybe they do have The Answer to life and can't help showing it.
A lot of religions have things that are hard to believe. Maybe the problem comes when they try to make a lot of statements and rules, and of course when they have a bloody history. People like us want to know why.