Why do intelligent people think that they are smart in all areas of life? I believe there are different types of intelligences.

I know plenty of book smart guys that make the dumbest decisions when it comes to social and romantic life.

According to one source, there are 8 types of intelligence:
1. Logical-Mathematical Intelligence (“number/reasoning smart”),
2. Linguistic Intelligence (“word smart”)
3. Spatial Intelligence (“picture smart”)
4. Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence (“body smart”)
5. Musical Intelligence (“music smart”)
6. Interpersonal Intelligence (“people smart”)
7. Intrapersonal Intelligence (“self smart”)
8. Naturalist intelligence (“nature smart”)

Source: Simple Psychology

Like if you agree or share your thoughts!

Last edited:
I think this is largely true. And if people accepted it, it would certainly change our schools and jobs, and hiring practices.

In particular, I think more things would become multi-path rather than single-path.

I mean, potentially revolutionary, and in a very good way! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: AgnosticBoy

heterotopic102004.jpg

A “Piggyback” Heart Transplant, or more technically, a Heterotopic Heart Transplant

“ . . . From 1997 to 2001, eight children received heterotopic heart transplants in the United States. Although five are alive today with their twin-hearts still working fine, the procedure had fallen out of favor because a heart-lung transplant is often appropriate for patients with conditions like Camila’s. . . ”

Okay, so more than 20 years ago [young Camila from the article, just shy of 2 years old, received this operation in 2004], now perhaps mostly out of favor.

And very good and excellent that it was available at the time! :p There really are some rare people walking around with two hearts in their chest. The world is sometimes a fascinating place.

And regarding the operation itself and the technical skill, I think people can anticipate the point I’m going to make . . .

Last edited:
. . . That someone with excellent kinesthetic intelligence should do with operation. I mean, someone with as great hands as the guitarist for the heavy metal band Avenged Sevenfold when playing the last third of the song “Heretic”!

And it’s fine if they’re merely okay at other life areas.

But— who’s going to decided the operation is necessary? ? Who’s going to provide the post-op care? ? Etc, Etc.

Obviously, someone highly trained in the medical aspects. And really, if someone other than the surgeon is deciding on surgery, that is probably not a detriment, but is rather a benefit.

Or in computer terms, it’s not a bug, but a feature! :love:

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
I think this is largely true. And if people accepted it, it would certainly change our schools and jobs, and hiring practices.
I believe people mostly think that intelligence only matters in terms of being book smart, especially in math/logic. Because of that, those who already have that type of intelligence don't neglect trying to be intelligent in other areas. I don't believe it's possible to be smart in all areas, but for me, my ideal intelligence would be having both social intelligence and the mathematical type.