I like keeping up with some of the news on UFOs ever since the US military and government officials began making information more public. Those that know me know that I'm not a conspiracy theorist type but I'm also not a hardline skeptic either. I'm somewhere in-between, some times closer to one side than the other. Now to jump in to what I think was some extraordinary testimony on UFOs that took place yesterday during a congressional committee hearing:

(These are only excerpts that I consider highlights)

Wednesday's hearing took place amid a growing willingness by lawmakers to demand the military and intelligence agencies release more about what they know regarding the mysterious incidents, with many members of Congress citing the potential national security threat posed by unknown objects in or near U.S. airspace.

At Wednesday's hearing, lawmakers of both parties expressed anger about their inability to get information about UAP from the military and intelligence agencies, describing a system of overclassification that shields reports of incident from public view.

David Grusch, who served for 14 years as an intelligence officer in the Air Force and National Geospatial Intelligence Agency, appeared before the House Oversight Committee's national security subcommittee alongside two former fighter pilots who had firsthand experience with UAP.

He told lawmakers that he was informed of "a multi-decade UAP crash retrieval and reverse-engineering program" during the course of his work examining classified programs. He said he was denied access to those programs when he requested it, and accused the military of misappropriating funds to shield these operations from congressional oversight. He later said he had interviewed officials who had direct knowledge of aircraft with "nonhuman" origins, and that so-called "biologics" were recovered from some craft.

Members of both parties questioned how Congress should go about investigating the remarkable allegations, a reflection of the increasing willingness by lawmakers to demand the executive branch be more forthcoming about the phenomena.

"We're going to uncover the cover-up, and I hope this is just the beginning of many more hearings and many more people coming forward about this," said Rep. Tim Burchett, a Republican from Tennessee.

The Pentagon's All-Domain Anomaly Resolution Office, which Congress established to investigate the incidents, has investigated roughly 800 reports of UAP as of May.

Sue Gough, a spokeswoman for AARO, said in a statement that the office "has not discovered any verifiable information to substantiate claims that any programs regarding the possession or reverse-engineering of extraterrestrial materials have existed in the past or exist currently." She also said the department is "committed to timely and thorough reporting to Congress."
Source: CBS News

Wow, can you imagine that the US government has a UFO that they have been trying to reverse-engineer? That's right up the alley with stories involving Area 51. While I'm excited about this coming from a seemingly credible whistleblower (he was in a position to know about these things as opposed to some non-credentialed UFO enthusiast), but I'm even more excited that an entire branch of the government is looking to act to get more information on this and on how to handle future cases.

What are your thoughts on this story? I'm personally not surprised if the US government knows more than what they are releasing to the public. The way the recent Chinese Spy Balloon incident was handled is a case in point.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
While I'm excited about this coming from a seemingly credible whistleblower

images

vs.

images

The 2004 Tic Tac UFO vs. the concept of Urban Legend. And honest to gosh, an urban legend often seems to start one step sooner than a person might think it’d start.

Last edited:
CBS News — He [David Grusch] told lawmakers that he was informed of "a multi-decade UAP crash retrieval and reverse-engineering program" during the course of his work examining classified programs.

Memory can be faulty.

For example, I was in high school when Paul McCartney got arrested in Japan for trying to take marijuana in his suitcase into the country. Paul said the free-wheeling attitude toward marijuana in the United States had caused him not to take it seriously, or something to that effect.

I remember Chris from 10th grade Algebra 2 being down on Paul for saying this. And yet when I happened to look up the date like five years ago. Oops. It couldn’t be 10th grade. It had to be 11th grade.

So, Im thinking it was this kid in 11th grade trig. He kind of have the personality that I could see him confidently saying this. But I’m not really sure.

Maybe David Grusch is a nerd [nothing wrong with that!], and in casual conversation a couple of guys were messing with him and subtly trying to top each others’ stories. And maybe he blurred these stories with later formal interviews, just saying!

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
mqdefault.jpg

Frank Mankiewicz

As another example of faulty memory . . .

When Bobby Kennedy ran for president in 1968, Frank was his press secretary. And when Bobby was shot in the hotel by the kitchen worker the night he had won the California primary, Frank Mankiewicz was the one who some hours later gave the simple, heartfelt announcement that Bobby Kennedy had died. He said who was with him at the time of death and his age.

Frank had previously given another speech in which he had stood on the bumper of a car so people could better see and hear him. And later in a book he said that a lot of people, perhaps inevitably, had blurred the two speeches.

And no, he had not made the announcement of Bobby Kennedy’s death while standing on a car’s bumper.

Last edited:
images

vs.

images

The 2004 Tic Tac UFO vs. the concept of Urban Legend. And honest to gosh, an urban legend often seems to start one step sooner than a person might think it’d start.
Yes, there is oftentimes some truth to them. What I like in the case of the tic toc videos and UFOs overall, the military witnesses tend to not go off into extraordinary claims regarding extraterrestrials, etc. But then again, we don't need just their claims because we also have video evidence from sophisticated equipment.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur