Here's a video I found that provides a fair-and-balanced perspective on the Russian war. It's from Democracy Now,
Democracy Now! produces a daily, global, independent news hour hosted by award-winning journalists Amy Goodman and Juan González. Our reporting includes breaking daily news headlines and in-depth interviews with people on the front lines of the world’s most pressing issues. On Democracy Now!, you’ll hear a diversity of voices speaking for themselves, providing a unique and sometimes provocative perspective on global events.
Source: https://www.democracynow.org/about

Based on some of the videos I've seen, I can vouch that they deliver what they advertise, different perspectives, alternative views, etc.

George Bebe talks about what to expect in the Russian and Ukraine conflict, especially on or after May 9, 2022:
1:38 to 5:15 minute mark

Madea Benjamin (co-founder of Code Pink)...I think she offers an alternative perspective. She seems to lean against the war and wants limited US intervention. She still brings up some good points about how this war is not winnable unless we're willing to compromise, separate humanitarian funding from military funding of Ukraine, etc.
12:25 to 15:55 minute mark

If any other agnostic member here can find news reports or media organizations that are fair-and-balanced or propaganda free (compared to the Fox News and CNN), then feel free to let us know. Although, another way to get a fair-and-balanced perspective is to listen to the CNN and Fox News, and others like them instead of just listening to one side. For now, Democracy Now is definitely on my list.

Last edited:
George Beebe says Russia views this war as an existential threat? ! ?

Maybe because they view NATO encroachment as this long-running issue, and by God, enough is enough. and Putin wants to solve it before he gets too old, something like this?

George Beebe says Russia views this war as an existential threat? ! ?

Maybe because they view NATO encroachment as this long-running issue, and by God, enough is enough. and Putin wants to solve it before he gets too old, something like this?
While I believe NATO poses a threat to Russia, but I also believe that Putin jumped the gun on Ukraine. Perhaps some would've seen some Russian intervention in Ukraine as being justified only if Ukraine was taking active steps to join NATO and bolster their military. Given Putin's actions, new European nations seeking NATO membership can counter by saying that while NATO is a threat, but it's because Russia is a threat. We'll have to see where that leads once Finland and Sweden decide to join NATO.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
While I believe NATO poses a threat to Russia, but I also believe that Putin jumped the gun on Ukraine. Perhaps some would've seen some intervention in Ukraine as being justified only if Ukraine was taking active steps to join NATO . . .
But if you wait to that stage, then NATO might really be involved (more so than now of funneling weapons through Poland).

Not saying this justifies the war.

But I am trying to understand how Putin sees the hand of cards.

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
But I am trying to understand how Putin sees the hand of cards.
While I also don't see Putin as being justified in Ukraine here, but if we don't factor in his thinking, then we risk miscalculating and soon finding NATO and/or US drawn into a war, potentially a nuclear one. Although, I accept that war can't be avoided in all cases.

Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
I play tournament poker.

And sometimes if I under-play or over-play a hand early in the tournament, that becomes texture. And basically becomes the reason I win a big hand later in the tournament. Meaning, hang in there.

So yes, I think we messed up by encroaching too close to Russia with NATO. But, we might still be able to win. And I mean, win-win for all sides.

Russia wants to be genuinely confident that they have a secure future? I don’t have a problem with this. Almost any nation wants this.

Reactions: AgnosticBoy