As many of you know I am a cryptocurrency enthusiast. But I also wanted to point out some of the skeptics of cryptocurrency. Much of the skepticism of cryptocurrency revolves around questioning the value of digital currency. Does cryptocurrency or digital currency have real value? Here is one good skeptic on cryptocurrency:

(short version of his views) If you like this video, you might want to watch a longer video where Ben McKenzie goes deeper into his views on cryptocurrency:

Any thoughts welcomed.

Last edited:
I totally resonate with the skepticism around crypto, and those concerns from Ben McKenzie make a lot of sense. The crypto market can be a rollercoaster with all its risks and ups and downs. Being cautious is key, especially when it comes to those "get rich quick" vibes. But you know what? With some serious research and analysis, there's potential for passive income in the crypto game! Speaking of which, I've been checking out the benefits and opportunities of the white label crypto exchange lately. It's like a new step in crypto trading that could open up fresh doors to meet financial goals. Just wanted to share my take on it! Let's keep learning and growing together in this wild crypto journey!

Here's an article (what I think are the highlights) that is very critical of cryptocurrencies. It goes into how Bitcoin has no real value.
Bitcoin was created (by a person or group that remains unidentified to this day) as a way to conduct transactions without the intervention of a trusted third party, such as a central bank or financial institution.

It has no intrinsic value and is not backed by anything. Bitcoin devotees will tell you that, like gold, its value comes from its scarcity—Bitcoin’s computer algorithm mandates a fixed cap of 21 million digital coins (nearly 19 million have been created so far). But scarcity by itself can hardly be a source of value. Bitcoin investors seem to be relying on the greater fool theory—all you need to profit from an investment is to find someone willing to buy the asset at an even higher price.

Facebook plans to issue its own cryptocurrency called Diem intended to make digital payments easier. Unlike Bitcoin, Diem would be fully backed by reserves of U.S. dollars or other major currencies, ensuring stable value. But, as with its other ostensibly high-minded initiatives, Facebook can hardly be trusted to put the public’s welfare above its own. The prospect of multinational corporations one day issuing their own unbacked cryptocurrencies worldwide is deeply disquieting. Such currencies won’t threaten the U.S. dollar, but could wipe out the currencies of smaller and less developed countries.

These developments and the possibilities created by the new technologies have spurred central banks to consider issuing digital versions of their own currencies. China, Japan, and Sweden are already conducting trials of their digital currencies.

Ironically, rather than truly democratizing finance, some of these innovations may exacerbate inequality. Unequal financial literacy and digital access might result in sophisticated investors garnering the benefits while the less well off, dazzled by new technologies, take on risks they do not fully comprehend. Computer algorithms could worsen entrenched racial and other biases in credit scoring and financial decisions, rather than reducing them. The ubiquity of digital payments could also destroy any remaining vestiges of privacy in our day-to-day lives.
Source: Brookings

*For the record, I'm pro cryptocurrency, and as such, I'll try to offer information that addresses these objections.
Here's a response I made to this objection...Do cryptocurrencies have any intrinsic value, like gold?

Last edited:
I totally resonate with the skepticism around crypto, and those concerns from Ben McKenzie make a lot of sense. The crypto market can be a rollercoaster with all its risks and ups and downs. Being cautious is key, especially when it comes to those "get rich quick" vibes. But you know what? With some serious research and analysis, there's potential for passive income in the crypto game! Speaking of which, I've been checking out the benefits and opportunities of the white label crypto exchange lately. It's like a new step in crypto trading that could open up fresh doors to meet financial goals. Just wanted to share my take on it! Let's keep learning and growing together in this wild crypto journey!
Welcome to the forum, Arnold.

Yes, very much agree with you on the "get rich quick" mindset out there. The field is highly volatile but can be very profitable. I also encourage everyone to do their research.