TracyRN

Catholic
Oct 25, 2020
Florida
forums.catholic.com
Worldview

Catholic

I need some advice. I know someone that having an emotional affair with her guy friend. She doesn't call it that and says its not cheating. I think emotional affairs are easier when you are already friends.

Some of my close friends say yes. Some say no. The ones that have been cheated on will say no!

What do you think...
Can a guy and girl just be friends?

Tracy!!

Can a guy and girl just be friends?
They can be, yes. I think what people would question more is if the two can be close friends or best friends. In general, if they spend a lot of time alone and have fun with each other then that can be a problem. It's a risk factor. Or looking at it another way, if they are both single, then those are some good ingredients (sharing interests, having fun, spending time together a lot) to get something started beyond friendship.

There has to be boundaries. I'd think that some of the things you would do or talk about when starting to date or in a relationship should be avoided between the two. Obviously the two opposite-gender friends have to talk, but not on the same level as you would talk to your partner. Some things should probably be off limits (like intimacy and relationship problems). The two going out alone for fun is not a good idea if one of them is in a relationship.

Reactions: TracyRN
There has to be boundaries.
Some things should probably be off limits (like intimacy and relationship problems).
Wow.. I couldn't agree more

if the two can be close friends or best friends. Risk factor
I agree that is the better question! It is always good to look at the situations when cheating has occurred and being to close with male friends is one of those risk factors. It like my husband that wants to travel with his friends to Colombia. I trust him but I don't trust his friends. Even if he has no intentions of cheating, but you mix booze and all those pretty women then it is creating a situation where cheating usually occurs.

We haven't chatted in a while. When are you going to start making YouTube videos?

Reactions: AgnosticBoy
It like my husband that wants to travel with his friends to Colombia.
Yes, bad idea. My girlfriend is from South America. She tells me that Colombia and Brazil have some areas where sex tourism is big. If women knew that, I doubt they'd let their husbands and boyfriends travel there with a group of guys.

We haven't chatted in a while. When are you going to start making YouTube videos?
Yes, I think that with the audience here as well. The only thing holding me back right now is time. I'll keep everyone here posted once I start that up.